PDA

View Full Version : Some video of my home stream...

gusstrand
11-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Not fishing, as we had a huge flood event a couple weeks ago and the whole geography has changed - This stream was about ten or twelve feet deeper based on the debris... That said, my kids and I love going down to it every chance we get. It's our little secret spot. My son and I went to collect fossils and flint from the alluvial beds post flood... but this will give you a little insight in to my home small stream...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBDzhqTV0k

This is a sample of the fossils and flint from that day - I have a lifetime supply of flint already, but it's always fun:

trout-nut
11-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Very nice video Gus. To bad about the flooding. We had alot of flooding here in Colorado also. Pretty much wipe out the local fishing here in the Big Thompson canyon.
Fred

ksbioteacher
11-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks for that Gus.

A day on the creek, skipping stones, stirs a lot of fine memories in these old bones.

ofuros
11-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Looking forward to doing the similar things with my young son....could be a while off though, he's only just turned one.
Chasing the chickens around the garden & climbing up & down the back stairs are the sum of his little adventures so far. :cool:
Nice family moment, thanks for sharing....gusstrand.

Brooktrout
11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
quality time with the kid on the home waters, cool.