PDA

View Full Version : One year Post op update

ACLakey
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
For those that are interested in my progress, I updated my blog on the Obesity Help website.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/aclakey/blog/2013/05/17/life-insurance-adjustment/

Time to hit the water, going to mountain bike into the Klamath River Canyon for some small water action this weekend.

adam
05-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Awesome, good for you!

I'm on Atkins, have lost about 12lbs so far and about a third of the way to my target weight.

I'm learning to look at labels and more importantly portion control.

Every two weeks I give myself a day to eat what I want within reason.

One more week and I'm eating spaghetti and having a coke and a peanut butter cup and whoa, that coke is going to taste so good.

I eat Strawberries when I want something sweet.

I eat salad twice a day, spinach leaves and I like kale mixed in. Blue cheese dressing with some bacon bits makes my salads awesome.

Atkins sells food on it's web site. I'm going to purchase some of their snacks.

I feel great.

It is easy once you get past week two, it becomes a habit.

ACLakey
05-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Nice work. I eat the Atkins protein and snack bars as a tasty treat. They have good protein, no sugar and taste great. Look for them in the same area of the store that protein bars are sold.

gusstrand
05-20-2013, 11:28 AM
So cool, Andrew.

While I love the memories associated with your avatar - one of the most memorable little jaunts of my life and Noah's for sure, we're going to need a new studly avatar!

adam
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Yup, I eat the Atkins candy bars too. I eat them when I get tired and hungry and they really taste good, not like some diet bar, like a real candy bar.