PDA

View Full Version : about to start kicking some fishk azz

adam
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM
My salt rod is just about done and I'm about to kick some fish ask.

Maybe Don will talk about the rod, it is a convertible one and I plan on using both versions to hunt bones and pompano in Mexzeeco.

I'm looking for advice on which shooting sinking head to use with it Don. Baja hell weather, hotter than a two dollar pistol weather and want to zink the mofo deep.

Tell me obiwan, I got the stealth line for the single hand, need help with two hand sinker.

Lemme no bra.

mems
02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Aloha Adam, use some t-14 or a rio outbound short. Put some monic running line and then put on the conversion for the two hander, one big roll cast and it should shoot out there 100+ feet. I would use that set up to fan cast and cover water. Use the 9footer for sight casting. You should head down to La Paz and Isle Cervallo for the big roosters off the beach, and hit it with a panga for some mahi action. You guys in Az are only one short flight from bluewater heaven. Adam has the TFO ticr X 7wt rod with a conversion kit to make it a switch rod as well. Really a nice set up for a wide variety of fishing from sight casting to spey, switch rod casting for stealies and stripped bass. Good luck Adam, and post some pictures of the salt water beasts you conquer. Mems.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/P6180201.jpg

adam
02-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Good man.

I'm going to search out some info on the lines and make my decision.

adam
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Gentlemen, I chose a TFO375 for my rod, a gold one. I am VERY impressed with the quality.

I chose correctly.

I'm about to enter the realm of salt water hunting again and I am excited.

I'm struggling with what line to start with. I like Wonderline but lines now approach $90 + and that is sinful. I've had lines out of the box and first few casts I'm into a big fish and it runs over the reef and dives raking my line over stripping plastic off and snap.

So I'm like the Mom with her coupons and papers looking for the good lines cheap.

eBay, Amazon...

Tough deal.