PDA

View Full Version : Great Western Rodmakers Gathering

Chris Raine
10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
There will be a Gathering of sorts this November 2nd and 3rd in Dunsmuir Ca. This has been called the Great Western Rodmaker's Gathering in the past. That may have become a little pretentious. I say a little because I'm not actually sure what pretentious means. Something about opposable thumbs, I think....

Friday afternoon/evening will be at the shop, Dunsmuir Rod Company. Spring water, soft drinks, adult beverages along with bbq and hors d'ourves will be served. I will also be putting the arm on everyone for 25 bucks to cover costs. Anyone able to collect 25 bucks from a certain Southern Oregon guide will get a 10 dollar discount.

Everyone should stay at Dunsmuir Lodge this year if possible. They are offering a discount to us. Mention me or the Gathering. They have a fire pit, bbq pit, and a 3 acre meadow to cast upon. Or bring your sheep to graze.
There phone number is : 530 235.2884. They have a website, www.dunsmuirlodge.net. Check it out.

Jerry is staying there.

Saturday will have Jerry talking about rod design, and there will be casting on the lawn.

Let me know asap if you are planning to attend.

I went out today north of the shop. Had one good rise to the October Caddis. Could be okay by the time you get here.

Regards,
Chris

gusstrand
10-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Awesome event Chris! All the best with it!

adam
10-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Anyone with a desire to educate themselves on bamboo fly rods, heck, casting any fly rods will do themselves a favor by attending this event. Jerry has a series of rods that will allow you to understand tapers and the effect on casting.

Chris is nothing less than a teacher's teacher as far as that goes...

Worth the effort.