PDA

View Full Version : SOFT fly tying meeting, Oct. 9

daleeheath
10-04-2012, 12:26 PM
You're invited to attend the free SOFT meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at 6:30 pm or a few minutes earlier.

To get to the SOFT meeting location, take the Gold Hill exit, #40, off of I-5 and go west, toward Jacksonville, 1.3 miles, until you reach the brick entrance way to the Madrone Hill Mobile Home Parkon the right. You’ll pass a golf course parking lot on your left shortly after leaving the freeway. After turning right into the mobile home park, proceed to the community building which is located about 100 yards ahead on the left. The address is 8401 Old Stage Rd.

Our guest tyers for October 9 will be two of the best. Dick Bonamarte will do a demo on one of his latest tube fly patterns. The "old dog" has learned some new tricks. Dave Roberts will show us the pattern that is currently taking most of his fish on the Rogue. He hasn't come up with a name for this baby and is open to suggestions. Dave has agreed to act as a guinea pig for our first electronic tie-along session. We put together an old video camera and a donated TV to test this concept. Bring your vise and tool kit along with the materials listed below for this one. Dave will bring lots of the special materials needed for you to tie along. It should be interesting and we need your feedback.
Hooks: Daiichi 1760 or equal curved nymph, Tiemco 200R size 12-18
Bead: Gold, size to match hook
Lead Wire: Size to match the hook shank diameter.
Tail and wing case: Pheasant tail fibers

gusstrand
10-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Hey Dale, can we get some photos of this meeting?

daleeheath
11-06-2012, 07:12 PM
If a photographer shows up and then sends some pictures to me, I'd be happy to post them.