PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Hole area small streams

cbtrtbum
08-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone,
Used to be on the old small streams a bunch. Took a number of years hiatus as having kids, and other fishing endeavors sidetracked my love of small streams. I broke out my Orvis 7.5' bamboo 4 wt the other day and hit a favorite stream for a few hours and was reunited with my love for fishing them! Anyhow, I have lots of great small streams here in SE Wyoming and along the Front Range of Colorado to explore, but I will be in Jackson WY the first week of Sept. Anyone comfortable with sharing a suggestion or two of a cutthroat small stream that i might stalk for a day or two? If you were more comfortable pm'ing me thats cool too. I wont advertise or keep any (C&R only) Glad to be back. Cheers, Chris

mems
08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Aloha Chris, I was in Jackson last year, real high water. Any of the creeks on the upper green are good. New Fork has some big browns in it. I like the Hoback and the Greys and the Salt. I forget the one above the Hoback's name but it is a great little cuttie stream. Have fun, Mems.

Satoshi
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Welcome back, Chris. So, you live in the heart of trout country. How lucky you are!
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and stories of fishing around Jackson.

Satoshi