06-23-2012, 05:33 PM
warm rays..
fresh air..
clear waters..
tight lines...

adam
06-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Beautiful my friend.

The day was a ten and it turned out fantastic, beyond my dreams.

I walked through the old growth forest in my sandals and as I arrived in the hidden valley, I took them off and walked barefoot.

Dozens of Brook Trout, Brown trout topped out at 17" in a stream that averaged 48" across.

Exquisite.

Now that the memories have been burned, the editing will begin.

...and the next secret stream has been chosen.

http://grassart.net/us.jpg

adam
06-25-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUBO66CEZis

Zanko
06-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Awesome! So cool to relive that experience through all the footage you took!

That trip was definitely a "hard 10", not just a 10 in my book. I always enjoy fishing with you and can't wait for our next exploration.

Lol also at the last picture of the video with me in it. I was sniffling and it made my face look scrunched!

Good stuff, great video...

ofuros
06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Lucky buggers......I would use a green with envy smiley, but we
don't have one on the list....this will do. :wub:

ksbioteacher
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Looks like seriously fine fun. I'm on my way out west in a week or so. Hope the fires abate but I'm flexible. Thanks for getting the fever going.

adam
06-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Video editing is tough. I think one of these times, I will do a screen shot of what the video looks like all layer out. The movie was twice as long but I try to keep web stuff to about five minutes or less.

Z, you got straight to it, no messing around. There are people that have been beating around the bush wanting to share a moment or two, you and I are on a set of rails set straight for it.

Let's start planing the next one. YOU set the tone, the pace, I'll help carry it forward and I'm pretty sure it will peg the fun meter.

BTW, the tune is a sacred Apache song, "Crown Dancer" and it is one of my favorites.

I had one song going in my head until I saw the old tree, the old man. Then the song changed and I started to think of where we where at and where we were going to. So I decided to reflect that in the shot. Each segment has meaning, even down to the "Rockfield" fly buzzing around the lens.

blah blah blah...

It was fun wasn't it. Lot's of fun.

Let's do it again.

adam
06-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Looks like seriously fine fun. I'm on my way out west in a week or so. Hope the fires abate but I'm flexible. Thanks for getting the fever going.

Coming our way?

Zanko
06-25-2012, 11:01 PM
The next exploration location has been decided.

Being that I was actually a part of that trip and knowing the surroundings we were in I would say the music was very fitting for all parts of that movie.

Oh ya by the way I get to control the GPS the whole way this time :w00t:

ksbioteacher
06-26-2012, 05:48 AM
Depending on the fires I'll be fishing the first week with my wife in central CO and the second week with a friend down in Southern CO. Can't work in more this year. I keep trying to find "important" business to do in AZ so I can work in some more time in your state but so far it hasn't worked out.

adam
06-26-2012, 07:44 AM
I understand. AZ has good highlands but if I had to choose between the two? There would be no choice as I am a high plains drifter...

Try the Conejos Valley in South Central Colorado.

ksbioteacher
06-26-2012, 08:10 AM
That may be priority one. ;-)

Brooktrout
06-26-2012, 09:38 PM
adam and zanko,
that was AWESOME! loved the music. and did you really catch that great big *&^% out of that little stream?? i want to fish that someday. sweet.

adam
06-27-2012, 08:05 AM
I couldn't believe it myself! We were a couple of hundred yards apart and I here yelling and I am so tired... Then he makes a beeline for me. I'm worrying about the hike and he gets there and tells the tail. I've caught the queen trout in streams like this but not as big. If he hadn't gotten the video, it would have been hard to digest but it is true. There are huge browns in this stream as we suspected. We thought the stream was good, planned it, executed the insertion into it and caught what we thought was there. I caught the stream, he caught the Queen. Awesome day.