PDA

View Full Version : Chama River

Trucha
05-17-2012, 10:00 AM
In a couple of weekends, I am heading up to the Chama area for a couple of days. Has anyone fished the Chama River from the town up to the border or the easement area? Any information is welcomed, and thanks in advance.

Hey Adam, where on the Conejos are you heading? The Conejos is one of my favorite rivers to fish; I like the section below the town of Platoro.

adam
05-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Yup, that area is awesome. I fish the little tributary streams. Not naming names, you understand. PM me and we can talk specifics. Next year I'll be checking out the Chama area.

I will be driving up May 29th through June 2. Packing in, solo. The streams I am targeting are above 10,000' I'm going to be one tired but happy (and a bit apprehensive) I've been told that carrying is not a bad idea due to bears. So I'm going to carry a little something.

You will be just a little west of me, over the ridge.

Trucha
05-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Hey Adam,

That area is pretty awesome. It is a good idea to pack something for the bears - unofficially, there are some grizzlies around the area, too. On the S. Fork of the Conejos was a bigfoot sighting a few years back even to make the place unique and different.

I'll PM you.

adam
05-18-2012, 08:08 AM
I will be using a GoPro camera taking video and stills. I am still practicing tenkara so you may have to look past that.

I will be heading in on the 17 through Chama so you may get a call if AT&T lets me.

Good luck and take care.