PDA

View Full Version : fishing frontiers

mems
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Aloha, just watched the fishing frontiers fly show on tv and saw Matt Schliske on there with his bamboo flyrods. They were fishing the miracle mile in wyoming in high water. I was there last summer and it was way too high to fish. Nice to see matt get some exposure on TV. He makes some nice rods. Mems.

adam
05-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Nice, thanks for letting us know.

mems
05-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Hey Adam, Matt sent me an e-mail and he is now in florida. His wife got a job with Costa sunglasses. I told him to make an 8wt for the bonefish there and in the bahamas. Funny he never went on grassart. How is the water in AZ? I will be in Montana in July for some terrestrial action. I heard the levels are a lot better than last year. Time for some pretty scenery and some trout. All the best, Don.

adam
05-16-2012, 02:22 AM
He was not invited at Grassart.

But I am glad that he is doing well.

It's funny, his bamboo-fisher web site was at one time part of an idea that I had to develope a -fisher group. Gus had stream-fisher, I had beach-fisher and so on. The concept did not gel so we all retained our ownership of the domain names. Tenkara-fisher is a nod to that but is a stand alone made well after the demise of the -fisher concept.

Anyway, thanks for the update.

I am fishing the Conejos Valley in two weeks. I am still deeply smitten with tenkara. Fly fishing is just way too difficult for me. The minimalist approach, the simplicity is very attractive. For the type of small stream fishing I enjoy, it is completely effective. A western reeled fly rod does not even show up compared to the 0000-weight line and marrionette like control you have over the fly with a tenkara rod.

For rivers and the big blue, it's a reel for me. For the thin blue line? Japanese style fly rods are it.

That's what I'm up to.