PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Brazil

the1club
02-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Hello All!

I'm very happy to join this great group. I was presented to fly fishing at the age of 12 in the mid-90s through Brazilian fishing magazines - I'm Brazilian from the city of Sao Paulo where I live. I bought my first 1 wt rod in 2000 (Orvis 8' Clearwater) in the US while attending an exchange student program in Sidney, MT where I used to fish a spring creek nearby my home for brook trouts. Back then, searching the web, I found smallstreams.com atracted by an article referring to Orvis' "The 1 Club" - which I was never part of despite my nickname. It was also in MT where I first casted a fiberglass fly rod - which I just loved. My next objective is to merge the two passions by purchasing a "pocket" fiberglass rod for small streams fly fishing.

Thank you!

gusstrand
02-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome to smallstreams!! Looking forward to your participation here.
:casting:

Wallyran
02-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Welcome!

What do you fish for in and around Sao Paolo?

Walt

the1club
02-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Thank you gentlemen. Sao Paulo state has many kinds of fishies, from black bass to peacock bass. I like to fish small streams where one can find Lambari, Saicanga and Jacunda (in the hills on the way to the shore of Sao Paulo). In the states of Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais I fish rainbows (the only kind of trout we have in the country), but these are 4~6-hour long drives.