PDA

View Full Version : Need on line source for flies.

centralsierra
02-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Does anyone have a good cite they can refer me too to purchase flies? There is no place near by so buying on line is my best option. Besides general flies, I am also looking for flies made in the pattern of certain tiers IE Harrops Olive Hairwing Dun. That has been almost impossible to find.

Thanks

mems
02-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Aloha, I am a sales rep for Rainy's flies out of Logan Utah. You can check their flies on line and then call and order some. If you want cheep flies try Albright, or buck a bug. Both have some cheap flies. If you want some deals also try sierra trading post they have some cheap flies as well. Good luck, Mems.

centralsierra
02-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info. My Brother and I were born on Oahu. He in Wahiawa and I in Honolulu. However, we are haoles. My Mom tells me of the days that she and Dad would go into the valleys and pick fruit. It sounds like it was a great place then. She has never wanted to go back, I think because she does not want to see it, as it is, these days.

I have wondered how the fly fishing is on the islands.

Aloha,
Dave

mems
02-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Aloha Dave, fly fishing here is great. We have some huge bonefish on Oahu. I went out offshore on sudnay and got 15 ahi to 30lbs. and a couple of mahi. The Big Island is less crowded and we have some great fishing over here. Read my posts in the fishing section to see some of the action. Mahalo for the comments, Don.

centralsierra
02-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi Don:

Is there any good fly fishing in any of the streams coming out of the mountains? If so, what type of fish? When my family and I have visited some of that small water looked very inviting.

Thanks,
Dave

mems
02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey Dave, there are some smallmouth in the streams on Oahu. Lake Wilson has peacocks and bass in it as well. Kauai has trout in their streams and in a pond up at Kokee. There are also some nice ponds on Kauai that have peacocks and nice bass in it as well. I have a friend on the big island who has an orchid farm with talapia and bass in a pond. You can find some good spots if you know people. Kauai has the best acess for public fishing and lake wilson gets a lot of fisherman on it. I still like the salt, got a nice bonefish yesterday. They fight the hardest. You shold come back and visit sometime. Make a trip to X-ams or Molokai for some hardcore fishing. Don.