PDA

View Full Version : First Trip of the New Year

samhall
01-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Here in the Candlewood Valley we were blessed with 60 degree temps yesterday. After attending to multiple family commitments, I took advantage of an opportunity to hit a familiar stream for a half an hour. I wish I could say the fishing was great, but that was not to be. I passed a spin fisherman heading up the path as I approached the river. This isn't a big stream by any measure...but I just smiled. It was nice to hear that he had a productive afternoon. I continued down the path and stood in his footprints and those made by a deer streamside. The rhythm of casting a small black bugger was peaceful. The sound of the river rolling over the rocks was refreshing. I had one take, there was a bend in the rod, but no fish brought to hand.

Hello old friend. A present to myself nearly twenty years ago. I have threatened to replace it with a "better" model...but I have too many memories and it still serves me so well.

Apache Trout
01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
It was indeed a beautiful warm day. I was out yesterday about 15 miles to the east of you.
I had the opposite happen, I ran into two spin fisherman who didn't get anything while I got my first brookie of the year on a Picket Pin in the run below the pool they were fishing. Guess you and I were fishing in alternate universes yesterday. ;-)
I fish your area as well, some nice small streams up your way.
Tight lines in 2012,
A.T.

samhall
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
AT...great to see you on this board along with BRK TRT....

I have seen a lot of your stuff on another addicting site....

BrkTrt
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
samhall,
Well done.
Old friends deserve friends like you.
AT has taken some fine fish from that stream he speaks of.
As far as small stream go you have quite a few in your area.

Brk Trt