PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Brown Trout

spod
12-31-2011, 03:52 AM
This morning I fished a small stream that is about five minutes drive from where I live in Healesville, Victoria in Australia. The Badger Creek is a tiny water that was popular with fly fishers decades ago but now gets virtually ignored as people head to the larger streams further north. It's a pretty little creek with a lot of overhanging flora but it holds plenty of scrappy brown trout and maybe rainbows. The vegetation made casting difficult, most of my casts were bow and arrow, pendulum, dap or drifting a fly downstream to likely spots. I picked up a nice 12 inch brown trout on a soft hackle Claret Dabbler that I drifted downstream in a small pool. I released this beautiful coloured fish and made a mental note to try to remember to bring along the camera next time. I'll be fishing this little creek again some time in the new year. It was a nice way to end the year.
Cheers and Happy New Year.
Steve.

ofuros
12-31-2011, 05:26 AM
Happy New Year Steve !
Glad to hear you had a productive session.....testing all those casting skills you've acquired over the years.

ofuros

Satoshi
12-31-2011, 05:34 AM
spod

Well done!
I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of the creek and trout. It sounds like my type of stream.
Oh, and a happy new year!

Satoshi