PDA

View Full Version : New to Small Streams site...

JPSierraGuy
11-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Hello All!
Excited to find this site! I've been wandering small streams all over CA my whole life... Now getting back into it big time in the second part of life. I love to fly fish the central and Eastern Sierra's focusing on small streams, wild trout, and the ability to have succesful day or quick weekend trips. I also fly fish the area near my home in Gilroy CA so that includes Stripers, Steelhead, Bass and all warm water species. I love reading your posts and stories and will be adding a few of my own soon. I look forward to getting to know you, and maybe running in to you on a quiet piece of Heaven somewhere in the Sierras!

gusstrand
11-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Welcome to smallstreams!

JPSierraGuy
11-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks Gus. Any advice on where i get info on how to load photos to blogs or posts. I've tried and they wont load. I'd like to post some trips but have not figured out the photo part yet.

Thanks

gusstrand
11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
The best way is to get a free photobucket account and upload them there and link them with [ img] links here.

If you upload them here, there are size and dimension limits to help us keep our load times and server size reasonable, and you can only have 5 attachments per post. What issues are you getting?

gusstrand
11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh, and this is the FAQ item on posting attachments/pics: http://smallstreams.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s

JPSierraGuy
11-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll try the phot bucket way. I found the link on attachments. I have tried loading images by clicking on the image icon then uploading files. Most of my photos are 2 to 4 MB so they may be too large. Seems I remember somthing about 60kb max. Anyway, after loading they are nowhere to be found. Not on my post or on a clipboard (that I can see,,,) so, I just need to play around a bit more till I get this figured out. I really enjoy this site and reading peoples posts and blogs. I'd like to contribute!
THanks for your reply!

Alpinefly
11-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I am still finding out more and more about the Photo Bucket nuances. Welcome. You will enjoy all the people here. HAve to get out to Cali to fish with a few of my friends like Graham Owen (etc.) and go after some of those Golden Trout. Maybe we can even get together !!! Cheers and Tight Lines !!!!

adam
11-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome aboard.

JPSierraGuy
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
I think my photos average 2 MB or so. I would guess that the files are too large. I think i remember reading the size and dimension limits. I will get to messing with te photos and then I will write about a few of my trips...
Thanks for the feedback.

JPSierraGuy
12-09-2011, 01:49 AM
if you ever do come out to CA and want to go for Goldens or just hit some small streams drop me a line. I take quite a few solo trips and company wouldnt be a bad thing at those altitudes. I have spent quite a bit of time mastering short day trips, or quick weekends on productive waters. Take care and keep in touch!