PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from North Carolina

Lone Wulff
09-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Just want to quickly introduce myself.

I started fly fishing seriously about 13+- years ago when I was living in Colorado. I was a member of Smallstreams.com when I lived there. Here are a couple of well worn relics from my prior time on this forum. Both still get plenty of use.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/kdurrett_photos/9-14-2011001.jpg

I moved to North Carolina in 2004. At that time I also moved away from Smallstreams.com and started spending my time on local forums that pertained to the region I now fished. A couple of years ago I went looking for Smallstreams.com, but it was during the time when the site was down. I thought it had died. Recently I had read on other forums and blogs that it was back up. After checking it out it looks like it is very well run and I will enjoy being back on here. It’s good to be home.

Small, wild trout streams are my passion. North Carolina is full of them. Hopefully, I can contribute something meaningful to this great forum.

Lone Wulff

51BC
09-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Welcome from the Northeastern part of Minnesota! You live in a beautiful state. I've only driven through a few times, but I keep promising myself that I will someday spend a week or two there.

Apache Trout
09-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Welcome back. I fished NC last fall around Robbinsville & Brevard, had a great time!

jimwright
09-20-2011, 07:43 PM
A couple of months ago I was in a cabin off Route 28 just a few miles below Fontana Village for a week. I loved the area, spent some time in Bryson City, Robbinsville and the Park as well. I am planning on returning to fish and Twentymile, Deep Creek and Forney creek appeal but i know how blessed you are with practically endless opportunity there.

Wallyran
02-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Welcome back!

I might be looking to retire in your neck of the woods some day in the distant future, so I'll be reading your posts with great interest.

Walt