PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa

bigmac
08-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Hi All,
i'm the latest newby and i'd like to introduce myself.
I'm peter and retired early to start enjoyng the non-work side of life. Live in cape town and get to fish as much as i like (wife permitting). That said, i sometimes tease my wife that the only part of her dowry that made sense was lifelong access to the 8kms of trout stream running through their family farm.

while i love all types of fishing my preference is small streams for trout. favourite rods are a 2wt and 0wt txl-f although i have to say that i'm starting to hanker after a bamboo rod.

really glad to be here as i've read some wonderful stuff from here already.
peter

gusstrand
08-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Welcome to smallstreams! Glad you're here, good Sir!

flickfly
08-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome aboard BigMac!

51BC
08-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Welcome, bigmac! As one who retired just over a year ago, you're going to love it!! Just don't expect to have alot of spare time on your hands. Seems there is always something going on and you find yourself asking,''When did I ever have time to go to work?''!

tyingfool
08-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard from Cape Town.We need to see some pics of that small stream running on the wife's family farm. What do you have there Rainbows ,Browns,Cutts?

Thanks David

bigmac
08-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome Gents.

Hi David,
we've only got rainbows on the farm. will post a few photos of the stream in due course as it is a beauty.

51BC,
i agree on the busy part. most of it is about busy keeping out of my wifes way! so i try and fish 3 times aweek in season and then stay in the study and tie flies etc the rest of the time.
regards,
pete

adam
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Hello Pete!

Gerard B here at the site has teased us with South African small streams since time began on the Internet.

I've been lusting after a visit to your area for years.

Welcome aboard.

Google "Internet Archives" and then put in "Smallstreams.com" then search the stream section of the site.

That would be what I am referencing.

Cheers mate!