PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Montreal

joseph k
07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm a cabinetmaker living and working next to one of the best smallmouth, pike, and muskie fisheries in southern Quebec. Rivers don't get much bigger than what I have in my backyard (so big here they are called lakes (Ottawa river - Lake of Two Mountains, and St Lawrence - Lac St Francois/Lac St Louis). Awesome if you're a warmwater type with a motorboat. I have fallen for something wholly different though, for which I must travel a fair bit to enjoy. Due to heavy agriculture and suburban development there are no wild trout streams left in these parts. Luckily I am within a couple hours drive to some beautiful water in upstate New York and New England and have so far managed to get down there every weekend. Not that all of Quebec is devoid of great fishing. Just six hours drive north, I have had the opportunity for a couple of weeks a year to fish for sea-run brook trout and salmon in the fall in northern Quebec. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you and reading about yours.

gusstrand
07-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Great endeavour!

Welcome to smallstreams.

caznip
08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
welcome! good to see another canadian! sorry to hear about the travel time to fish, but it is worth every cast!