PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Driftless Region

troutchaser
04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
My home waters are the 600 or so miles of spring creeks in southeastern Minnesota. Most of them are small streams, although a few are canoeable. My life goal is to fish all of the designated trout streams - more than halfway there.

Once in a while I cross the border into Packer Land and fish Wisconsin's spring creeks. Together with the northeastern part of Iowa and a little bit of Illinois, the Driftless Region is worth your packing a rod and reel if you are ever venturing this way. (In fact, shoot me an e-mail and I can probably point you to worthwhile water with public access.)

Not at all related to the above offer, I am a part-time fly-fishing guide, a trout angler becoming acquainted with smallmouth on the fly, a recently retired printing sales rep, and a life member of the FFF. Glad to see this site is back.

Ernest
04-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey Bob,
Good to see you here. Ever try the Red Horse Fly in the Driftless?

troutrageous1
05-07-2011, 09:01 PM
The Driftless...you are a lucky angler troutchaser.

mems
05-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Ya hey der der, you should have a lienenkugel with that hemmingway doncha know! Mems.

51BC
05-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi troutchaser
Just joined, myself. I live probably 300 miles straight North from you. You're in some great country down there. My wife and I visit that end of the state as often as we can

itchmesir
06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey,

From the driftless too... Southeastern Minnesota.. Don't know what's so lucky about living in the DA.. there's no fish up here ;)