PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Intro

Andy
04-26-2011, 04:54 PM
'Just migrating over from tenkara-fisher and new here. ‘Been fly fishing to some degree or other since the late 60’s. I ran into tenkara not long ago and this restored my interest in fly fishing in general. I enjoy fly fishing small streams best but hunting big bluegill with a fly rod is great fun too. I don’t have the urge I once had for bigger species. I mostly fish smaller water in the upper Sacrament River drainage and along the Calif. North Coast. It’s good find like-minded fly fishers.

gusstrand
04-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Welcome!

Upper Sac and N coast?

I moved here from Medford... My inlaws live in Gold Beach and my bro-in-law is CO at Pelican Bay... what parts of NorCal do you stalk?

Andy
04-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Home waters = Feather River drainage. On the upper Sac I get to Cow Creek and creeks in the Fall/McCloud River area. On the other side, I'll get to Mad, Eel, Trinity, Smith Rivers either upper reaches or small tributaries. Come to think of it there's some really good small stream fishing out this way.

Andy
04-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Ps. Paradise, CA - Butte CO.

adam
04-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Gus, not that you need me to tell you but Andy is a friend...

gusstrand
04-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Groovy. Andy, have you ever played on the upper forks of the Smith? Those deep canyons and blue green clear water call me every time I drive between Medford and the coast...

gusstrand
04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
So, Andy ... Are you on flyfishjefferson? :D