PDA

View Full Version : Lost Email

flickfly
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
I received the email concerning 3/29/11 Board switch over & the need to check something but Dog paws wiped out the message . Can you resend it?
Mike Mc

gusstrand
03-24-2011, 08:53 AM
How 'bout I post it!

Smallstreams.com is being upgraded.

Thanks to the generosity of a few users, we have purchased vBulletin 4.0 software - basically the most robust forum software on the market, with CMS capabilities - for us, that means a cool front page with articles and whatnot in the future - users will even be able to have their own blogs hosted at smallstreams if they choose... but all of that comes after the forums.

The bottom line is that smallstreams is about the Community - the forums are the heart and soul of smallstreams.com and thus have been my main focus in getting to import properly.

I have successfully imported our threads and postings half a dozen times in testing the new software, but I need a few things from those of you who wish to continue to participate at smallstreams.com:

1) Before I make the import, please check your email address in your user profile in the current software and ensure it is accurate by next Tuesday, 29 March, 2011.

2) After that, I will lock the board and make the import. When that happens, you will have to reset your password in the new software. It is pretty intuitive, but I will also send a mass email with instructions then as well. There will be a few things that will not import - smilies, and images attached via upload to posts. Images linked from places like photobucket should be fine.

I'm looking forward to this new iteration of our community and to all of your ongoing contributions - first and foremost, smallstreams is about you and your adventures on intimate, magical waters that most fishers overlook... and as we all know, we are all small streams of information... Thank you.

All the best,

-Gus
http://www.smallstreams.com

flickfly
08-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I posted a reply on the who ties their own leaders thread a day or two ago, its gone now. this has happened before. I don't use any inappropriate language or subjects.

gusstrand
08-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Let me see. Should be there... nothing has changed... unless you did it on a cached version while I was updating a couple days ago - but I always shut the board off to upgrade.

hmmmm.

gusstrand
08-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Looks like it was lost - that's the only thing I can figure. I did get a couple of notices from the database when I upgraded - it could have been exactly when you posted.

But know it wasn't personal! :)

flickfly
08-03-2011, 09:48 PM
YEAH YA DID IT AGAIN while typing in a repost of the lost one on the leader thread the board closed me out and threw out the post while I typed it & I didn't even know it! Apparently if I'm on the board for more than 10min in one spot I get booted

gusstrand
08-04-2011, 08:58 AM
That's a cookie setting. Clear your cache...

flickfly
08-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Idon't know why should I get bogged down with"cookies" And how do clear them

gusstrand
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
What browser are you using?

flickfly
08-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Mozilla Firefox, all protection ware is fresh & updated on my end

gusstrand
08-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Do this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Clear%20Recent%20History

You'll have to re-login to all sites you visit that require a login the first time back, but it should clean everything up!

flickfly
03-20-2012, 05:11 AM
Thank You Guss. Also, I haven't been around here for a while & I thank you or not dropping me from the site.