PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland

peterdubh
01-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Hi

I started fishing as a kid with my dad and when he got out of it so did i but not i have returned to it in the last couple of years. Im amazed as what I have remembered and what it is possible to forget in such a short time. I fish the Lochs that I can and some stocked ponds too. I am being helped back in buy a couple of friend who fish for trout and the odd salmon. I would like to try some small stream fishing but I am unsure at the moment of how many small stream are in my area. I know the location of a few but not the quality or quantity of fish they contain.

I look forward to being able to look for advice and tap the knowledge of other members across the country and globe.

What weight rod and line to people use for fishing small streams?

Pete

gusstrand
01-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Welcome to smallstreams Pete! For me, a three or four weight rod in the 7.5-8' range works well in my local streams.

peterdubh
01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Welcome to smallstreams Pete! For me, a three or four weight rod in the 7.5-8' range works well in my local streams.

Thanks gstrand. What size are your local streams?

gusstrand
01-22-2011, 05:35 PM
6-20 feet wide... 6" to ~5' deep.

Doctor
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Pete
tell us where you are based ,scotland is a wee bit big ,also what rivers you plan on fishing .
for me my stream rods are mainly 4 weights in 6.6 ,8 and ten foot , with a back up 9ft #5 for all kinds of fishing .