PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

rstouff
01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Really nice, thank you.

rstouff
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Really nice, thank you.
Well, I'm not really sure how this post got here...I must have been replying to someone and hit "new topic" instead of "reply"!
But anyway...thanks! :cool:

Ernest
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Well, hey, you're entirely welcome.

Doctor
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM
As an elderly poster ,I am always delighted to see the social lubricants of good manners, such as please and thank you .
even the modern text speak thnx is good in my view .

rstouff
01-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Even if you don't know what you're thanking for! :D

gusstrand
01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
As an elderly poster ,I am always delighted to see the social lubricants of good manners, such as please and thank you . even the modern text speak thnx is good in my view .

He said "social lubricants..." heh heh... heh... heh heh... :lol:

..and it actually made sense to me... :wtf:

rbaileydav
01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
and i always thought "social lubricant" was .......... booze

DD

Doctor
01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
and i always thought "social lubricant" was .......... booze

DD

Quite right dear fellow , a glass or two,or a shared hip flask ,a pint or several of fine ale in a well run hostelry ( the Irish are masters at this) are some fine enhancers for the spirit .
Also are the simple courtesies we inhabitants of this era seem to forget ,the please and thank you ,the opening doors for ladies, giving up your seat on public transport to the pregnant or infirm or elderly ,,the you first and many other little things help make a civilised and happier place .
i have been impressed of late , more than a few young folks have eased my commute by offering me their seats on Londons underground rail service (grey beard and moustache helps identify me as no spring chicken )

Gus i do love the fact that our shared English language has a huge vocabulary and some labyrinthine ways of expressing ones self ,and I enjoy saying things in ways that might confuse some one that has a poor grasp ,and then for my friends who have English as their second language ,explain and add to their vocabulary and command of the language of Shakespeare Walton,Churchill ,JFK and Steinbeck .
one final American "social Lube " you all have a nice day ! :lol: :lol: