PDA

View Full Version : Site Support Auction! Bob Quigley and Polly Rosborough DVDs

gusstrand
12-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I was looking for a DVD to watch today - had a wisdom tooth pulled and a crown done and some other stuff yesterday so today I'm chillin' with my pain meds... Anyway, I found these three DVD's and decided to do a little smallstreams site support auction!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/piscator/a1/dvds.jpg

These are Region 1 DVD's so overseas bidders will need that playback capability. This thread will serve as the auction thread for each one individually. To place a bid on a DVD, post the number of the DVD in the photo you are bidding on, and how much your bid is for that DVD. Please use bid increments of at least $0.50 if you are bidding higher than someone else who previously posted.

I will ship the winners their DVD's anywhere in the world as part of the winning bid (no additional charge.)

The starting bid on each DVD is $20.

This auction will go until 12 noon CST, December 25th. At that time the winning bidders can pay for their winnings via the paypal donation button and I will mail their DVD's the week of 12/27.

Thanks in advance for your support!

DVD#1 Tying Bob Quigley's Signature Flies

In 90 minutes of fly tying instruction, Bob Quigley, master Fly tier, shares his years of fly tying experience and innovations. Step by step, watch Bob tie nine of his most productive creations. Watch large trout rise to seductive flies and learn some of the secrets to spring creek fishing.

"Since god has gifted me with two opposable thumbs, I'm pointing them both up for this DVD. A great effort from one of the most innovative fly tiers. "
- Tom Chandler, The Trout Underground

"Very highly recommended!"
- The Fly Shop

"This is a must own DVD for trout tiers. The best I have watched yet for super trick trout flies. Get your copy today!!"
- Trophy Waters Fly Shop

"Highly Imaginative"
- Northwest Flyfishing

"Learn from the best"
- Fly Tyer Magazine

DVD#2 Fishing Bob Quigley's Signature Flies

“This DVD is superb, excellent in every way.”
- John Randolph, publisher of Fly Fisherman Magazine

“The camera work is exceptional. The macro photography is cinematic poetry. The extensive variety of camera angles, composition, and position both in the boat and on the river are creative and very supportive of telling your "river story".

Bob is a natural at talking to the camera. He's so interesting to listen to, so clear in his purpose, and so entertaining in his presentation that you're with it all the way. What a joy to watch this guy passing on his knowledge so that the viewer might have a successful try on the river one day.”
- Gregory Gontz, Film editor for NCIS, CBS

"In my opinion Bob Quigley is the most innovative creator of effective dry flies ever. But what really makes this video shine is not so much his tying but the ability to have the viewer sit ring-side and watch the master fish his patterns as they were meant to be fished. A well-rounded stream-side production that is exciting, informative and bound to make the viewer a better angler."
- Ken Morrish

DVD#3 Polly Rosborough Ties his Fuzzy Nymphs (VHS Transfer to DVD of the original Tape)

POLLY ROSBOROUGH
1902-1997

Master Fly Tyer
Ties His
FUZZY NYMPHS
(Memorial Edition)

This memorial edition of Polly’s video tape, first issued in 1986, is our attempt to honor a life in fly fishing. In 1985 Polly Rosborough was awarded The Letchner Lamburth Angling Craftsman Award. The Award recognizes a lifetime devoted to the art of fly tying. Ten yeas earlier Polly received the “Buzz” Buszek Memorial Award from the Federation of Flyfishers. His innovative and effective nymphs and flies have earned Polly a respected place in the history of fly fishing.

In this video tape Polly invites you into his home, sits you beside him at his bench, and gives you a close up look at his art. His easy manner and expert advice will make fly tying easier for every tier of flies. Polly helps the beginner start, the intermediate addvance, and the expert refine his technique.
“[His] fly patterns are one of a kind and unique, just like Polly Rosborough . . .
“Polly has a zest for life and for flytying and it shows in his work and love for the sport of fly tying
“. . . we could use few more Polly Rosbouroughs.”

Dick Surette, Editor
Fly Tyer Magazine

gusstrand
12-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Opening Values:

DVD#1: $20
DVD#2: $20
DVD#3: $20

gusstrand
12-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Sadly, noon came and went today with no bids on these and a mere 39 views.

Message received and understood.

-Gus