PDA

View Full Version : AZ Small Stream

AZWanderings
11-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Thought I would share this photo. This particular small stream produces brown trout with some of the most unique colors. Really made my day...

Mostyn
11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Nice photo AZ,

Bit more info - on where, what; and when and perhaps a photo of your stream.

Nice fish though!

Mostyn

AZWanderings
11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Sure thing. I fish mostly the Mogollon Rim here in AZ which is up northeast of Phoenix. There are some great streams up there that flow clean and clear all year long. There are several that are stocked but there are multiple that are small, hidden, and wild. This particular stream is extremely small and can be stepped across in many sections. This brown was the first one of the day and came up from deep for a mini-hopper. It is surprising because it was only about 27 degrees and no bugs in the air or one the water. Most of these small stream fish are opportunistic and will come out to play if whatever on you tippet looks good and is presented cleanly. Sorry no pics of the stream. Anyone from Arizona who saw a picture would consider stringing me up. In a state that is mostly desert, our wild trout streams are pretty closely guarded. I will say that if anyone of the fine people on this site finds themselves in Arizona, I would gladly share one of these wild gems with you. The mini-hopper that I caught him on has been shared before on this site but has really done the trick and surprisingly still produces even with the colder weather.

Ben

adam
11-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Ben, this is a private site.

I'm glad you didn't name the stream though.

This place is a lot different than the local AZ forum, a whole lot different.