PDA

View Full Version : TFO BVK rods

mems
11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Aloha, I am a sales rep for TFO out here in Hawaii, and have had the pleasure of using their products. I think there are many fine quality rods around now, and it is difficult to not find a good rod today with so many choices. TFO has come out with a new ord series, the BVK for Bernard Victor Kreh, otherwise known as "Lefty". I ordered a 5wt, 6wt and an 8wt rod for demo purposes. They are very light and responsive. I fished the 6wt and found it handled small bonefish no problem. The rod is fun to cast, and has nice components. I look forward to checking out the 8wt model on some larger fish, and using the 5wt on some trout next spring. If you like a light strong rod I think you will enjoy the BVK series, Mems.

martin_b
11-11-2010, 03:04 AM
I was shopping for 7 wt's yesterday, and thought I would fall in love the the BVK, but I found it too stiff, it was indeed very light weight and cast best with an 8 wt line. It just didn't suit my style, so I settled for a Vision GT4 Seatrout 7 wt and the sales person threw in last years 2 piece 8 wt TFO Lefty Kreh (can't remember the model and I'm at work now) which is really nice rod.