PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chicago

anatolek
10-21-2010, 07:49 PM
South Florida (Miami) transplant that has discovered small stream fly fishing around the Chicago area in the last few years. I have found several small streams "honey-spots" where I have had an absolute blast catching fish on the latest addition to my fly fishing "quiver" an AYU tenkara rod found that a 5wt was "overpowering" for what I was catching and the challenge of a fixed line was too much to pass up :)

gusstrand
10-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Sweet bass! and on Tenkara to boot! :) Welcome to smallstreams!

CushmanBrookie
10-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Are you saying there is a small rod with a fixed line? Very interesting, I will have to Google this!

anatolek
03-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Well small rod I would not call it since the rod extended is 13 feet long but it is a fixed line..cannot wait to get out again. It has simplified my fishing - I have been working over the winter to reduce the amount of "stuff" I feel that I need. At the end am catching all my fish on some panfish poppers and maybe a "buggy fly" or two. (not quite up to speed with my entomology).

Highly recommend you look into Tenkara! I love it! and am talking to the wife about moving somewhere warmer where we do not have what feels to be 9 months of winter :)