PDA

View Full Version : Looking for your input

soupmix
07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been a member of smallstreams.com and of the old site for sometime. I have just started my own fishing blog. Being a member here for as long as I have I have come to respect many of you through the posts that you write to this site. With that being said, I would love if you would take a look at my blog and let me know what you think. I believe that with your input I will be able to make positive changes. Please keep in mind that it is new and thus the content is pretty limited.

gstrand - Let me appologize in advance as I did not know where I should post my request.

The blog can be viewed here - http://averagejoefishing.wordpress.com/

Soupmix

Brooktrout
07-26-2010, 05:34 PM
cool. so far so good.

AndyBaird
07-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Hey soupmix,
You've a well laid out site there, and the content is great... and growing.
The thing about blogs is, they're an independent, often non-commercial means of recording your interets and adventures. By all means take inspiration from where ever but above all else, find YOUR groove, do YOUR thing. Posted comments will guide you along the way. Many smallstreams members have blogs, and you'll see how everyone has there own style and signature from design, through content and writing.

And keep posting on smallstreams too... the admin team have worked hard for years to build one of the best communities on the web.

Hope this helps.
Best,
Andy

soupmix
07-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Thank you for your input. That is an excellent point. :clap:

I tried to put a little humor into it to make it an interesting read for others. I have two fishing trips planned this week so I should have more content up soon.

Any other comments?

soupmix
07-30-2010, 08:46 PM
If anyone else would like to see the blog and provide some feedback, and I hope you do. I have moved the blog to a much more user friendly site...http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

Thank you for any and all feedback. :clap:

Soupmix

erics beetle
07-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Looks good so far . I to have started a blog in last couple of weeks, Layout is a bit iffy ( I am working on this) but I hope the content is of interest.

Mostyn
07-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Average Joe, is a great title for your Blog, the content was well above average! I enjoyed reading it!

soupmix
07-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks Mostyn. I truely appreciate it!

Erics - I checked out your blog and am now a follower. Looks good. Feel free to follow mine if you would like.

Soupmix