PDA

View Full Version : Hello

lyttletyer
05-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Hi. I found this link on Andy Baird's blog and thought I would 'drop in'. I live in N. Ireland and I've been tying flies for about 10 years and have moved on from lures on size 8 L/S to Irish Wets and tiny flies. I've met Andy twice at fly fairs and was fascinated. My idea of small was #20 and to see his #32 (using a supplied magnifying glass!!!!) was amazing. Keeping everything in proportion is what I'm trying to conquer at the moment.
I hope to be able to learn from the contributors here.
Tight lines all
Ian

jmcg
05-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I've heard tell of a #32 hook. Is this a different measuring reference from what we have commonly on this side of the pond?
I've love to see a picture of such a fly.

Hi. I found this link on Andy Baird's blog and thought I would 'drop in'. I live in N. Ireland and I've been tying flies for about 10 years and have moved on from lures on size 8 L/S to Irish Wets and tiny flies. I've met Andy twice at fly fairs and was fascinated. My idea of small was #20 and to see his #32 (using a supplied magnifying glass!!!!) was amazing. Keeping everything in proportion is what I'm trying to conquer at the moment.
I hope to be able to learn from the contributors here.
Tight lines all
Ian

gusstrand
05-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Welcome Ian! You should have full access now!

lyttletyer
05-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Many thanks.
Ian