PDA

View Full Version : New Tenkara Blog

LMarshall
05-20-2010, 08:23 AM
I've just gotten my new tenkara blog up and running over the last week, feel free to take a look around - http://tenkaraadventurer.blogspot.com/

ksbioteacher
06-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Very nice. I see that you have followed Troutrageous1's advice and have exploited Blogger's new tools for designing your theme. Normally, I don't like background images but I like yours---set's the atmosphere very well and keeps the natural world in the subconscious as you read. I really like your choice of multiple sized images to tell your story. Keep working on that--there's a lot of potential there. Very enjoyable reads---don't be afraid to venture into other topics in your writing (related anyway) in a manner similar to your images. Your images convey more than the fish and the stream--so can your writing. Again--very nice.

BW

adam
06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Blogs are cool.

LMarshall
06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Very nice. I see that you have followed Troutrageous1's advice and have exploited Blogger's new tools for designing your theme. Normally, I don't like background images but I like yours---set's the atmosphere very well and keeps the natural world in the subconscious as you read. I really like your choice of multiple sized images to tell your story. Keep working on that--there's a lot of potential there. Very enjoyable reads---don't be afraid to venture into other topics in your writing (related anyway) in a manner similar to your images. Your images convey more than the fish and the stream--so can your writing. Again--very nice.

BW

Thanks Brad!

These days I take a lot of pictures when I'm out fishing, as you noticed it's not all fishing stuff. I really enjoy being outside and observing my environment, there's lots of neat stuff to see if you take your time and look around. Choosing the images I post in a story on my blog is probably the step I spend the most time on. I'd like to get more balance between my photos and writing; it's something I'll be working on. I'll probably start sitting on some of my posts for a few days before I publish them. Good writing takes time and consideration.

Blogs are cool.

Yes, they are :)

adam
06-04-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll probably start sitting on some of my posts for a few days before I publish them. Good writing takes time and consideration.

So true.

Write like no one is reading.

Write because it makes you happy.

Writing is very powerful. You take words and build images in other people. Paint stories, write pictures, create multi-media with the alphabet. A comma can become so strong, alone, it can become an emotion.

Anyone can write and the best writers aren't always the most prolific. I should not say best, I should write, "interesting" and "unique" not for unique's sake.

You should write because you enjoy it.

In the old days, I would take a pen and paper with me on stream, usually it was a Composition Note Book and a pencil. I would stop for a while in the cool green grass on the inside of an oxbow by the trunk of a tall pine. Closing my eyes, I can here the cool hisss of the wind in the top of the tree, looking up, the sun warm on my face, my eyes lightly shut, I could see the yellow orange of it. My shirt moist with sweat from the exertion of hiking up the mountain valley, stopping here and there to intersect the stream, mining for jewels with my fly rod. Peeling a page back and pinching the pencil, the note book in my lap, I begin to think about how it is to be alive, so far removed from the city life far far down the road, I begin to drift in my thoughts through the pencil on the paper, scratching my thoughts down, turning the page, unconsciously moving through the story of the last twenty minutes.

Or something to that effect.

Words are very powerful and if not to someone else, to you.

terry
06-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll probably start sitting on some of my posts for a few days before I publish them. Good writing takes time and consideration.

Great idea. My writing is something that needs a ton of work and growth. This will help me, thanks.