PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and Shirley Meck !!!

Alpinefly
05-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Many of you in the Fly Fishing and Fly Tying world know of Charlie Meck !!! Charlie is a very good friend of mine. I just got off the phone with Charlie this morning. His wife Shirley is in the hospital (again); before this was in the nursing home with rapidly failing health. Charlie told me that the Doctors had to amputate Shirley's legs. She is in and out of heavy sedation right now, and wakes up screaming. Please keep Shirley and Charlie in your prayers and thoughts. For those of you who have been blessed to come to know and become friends with Charlie and Shirley Meck, you will find no better people. Charlie is the truest of gentleman, as well as a class act and legend in fly fishing. His Patriot dry fly recently became the official fly of "Operation Healing Waters" !!! :thumbup:

adam
05-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Please offer my condolences to the Mecks.

I have enjoyed meeting Charlie in the past, I hope Shirley's health returns.

Gentleshepherd
05-02-2010, 08:53 PM
We will keep them in prayer as well.

wrknapp
05-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm praying.

Randy

ags
07-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Met Mr. Meck when he gave a presentation at our TU Chapter. Have some of his books.

They are in my prayers and thoughts.

Alpinefly
07-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Sad to say that Shirley passed away. She never woke up after the amputation. It certainly has been hard on Charlie. He has been spending a lot of time fishing and with his family !!!

adam
07-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Oh my.

Please offer my sincere condolences if it is appropriate when you are talking.

Alpinefly
07-27-2010, 04:58 PM
I certainly will pass along the condolences from the many members of smallstreams.com
Charlie is up on the Kootenai River right now with his son Byran, fly fishing. I will always say, that a good trout stream is the place to be in the darkest times of life.