PDA

View Full Version : compliments to the site

fly14
04-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I just wanted to make a post and say its great to see a site that is so non confrontational with one another in terms of their posts and attitude in responding. I've seen a lot of sites that are just a disaster with people fighting over handling fish, giving locations, ect, and its real enjoyable to just read these posts from all around the world. Thanks

John

Danny S
04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Very well said, John and I agree with the compliments to this site. I've seen some sites I prefer to leave alone. Between the ridiculous bantering and use of foul language. I find little constructive purpose. As Mom used to always say--"if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything." Civility can be bliss!

Mostyn
04-18-2010, 02:49 AM
I agree with John & Danny!

Love the quote from Walt Disney's -BAMBI "If you cant say something nice - Then don't say nothing at all" Thumper!

Kindness costs nothing and neither does civility! Small Streams = Nice people (Anglers) A great site.

Mostyn

adam
04-18-2010, 03:03 PM
As Mom used to always say--"if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything."

My Mom says that too.

gusstrand
05-06-2010, 09:27 AM
This is good to hear. :)

I strive to keep things civil here, because, yes, I want it to be different than those sites. Been on many of them since the old days of BBS's and whatnot, and my vision for here is for this to be a global community of people who like being a part a peaceful niche of the flyfishing endeavor we all love.

I think we have started off right, and most members know that arguing, posturing and all of the superiority and know it all junk that happens on other boards and even previous iterations of some of my sites, and even instances of this one have no place here, and unlike many other places, won't be tolerated, but will be frozen and saved as bad examples... :lol:

So, it's cool to see that it has been noticed, but the bottom line is that it is because of the quality of the members of this community - you guys - that this place is what it is, and I thank you for that. :thumbup:

rsetina
05-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Then why do I feel different? I felt I did nothing wrong but also feel like I was told I did. By the way, can someone point me to the rule about not posting dual posts on other websites?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=671 (http://www.smallstreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=671)

gusstrand
05-31-2010, 08:55 PM
No rule, sort of unspoken etiquette that I myself often ignore myself. Lots of water has passed underfoot since then.

Anyway, re-join us on the journey.

Bygones.

adam
06-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Gus, you are too kind.