PDA

View Full Version : Tenkara USA rod reviews completed

CM_Stewart
04-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Well, I've just uploaded my Amago Rod Review (http://www.tenkarabum.com/amago-rod-review.html), completing the series of Tenkara USA rods, along with the Backpacking Light Hane tenkara rod. I haven't yet gotten any of the All Fishing Buy rods, but I'm most interested in their 9' rod. My initial impression, not having seen or fished with it yet, is that it is a little short for a tenkara rod, but there seems to be a lot of interest in shorter rods for the really tight eastern brookie streams. Ah well, when time and budget allow.

Edited to add:

It seems I was a bit hasty. I have only recently gotten the 12' Iwana, and have only fished it once and for just a few minutes at that (I was concentrating on the Amago that day). I didn't have the 11' Iwana with me to do a back to back comparison, but I had the nagging feeling that the two Iwanas were more different than I had been led to believe. I have seen several posts on different forums that suggested they feel very much the same.

I just got around to a ballpark, unscientific Common Cents analysis of the 12' Iwana and it confirmed my sneaking suspicion that the are not the same rod at all. I've decided that the 12' Iwana deserves its own review.

planettrout
04-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Chris,

Thanks for stopping by.

FYI, Blue Ribbon Flies, Craig Matthews Shop in West Yellowstone, featured a nice piece on Tenkara in this year's mail out catalog. Added you to my links, good info be there!!!

PT/TB :D

CM_Stewart
04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
PT/TB,

Thanks. I'd seen their catalog. Nice shop, I've bought a few things from them.

OK. Now the Tenkara USA rod review series is done. The 12' Iwana rod review (http://www.tenkarabum.com/12-iwana-rod-review.html) has been uploaded on TenkaraBum.com. This one surprised me, and I think it pushes the Ebisu aside as the "all around" tenkara rod.

terry
04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Are the allfishingbuy.com rods available yet? I don't see a place to order.