PDA

View Full Version : Just quietly introducing myself

willowgrub
04-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Im sitting here eating breakfast in the bottom half of the globe . New Zealand` s South Island . been an avid fly angler for 23 years . fished some of the good US waters . A little of Australia , and of course my home territory. It insnt all huge browns and remote rivers and lakes . we get by on a staple of average streams and lakes and average fish ( 2 to 5 lbs ) Most keen guys get an 8 lber every year . And if they try hard several . The sea run browns provide most of the big catches down here . They migrate to the headwaters quickly. Unlike the US where on average altitude reduces size . Nothing here is as productive biomass and numbers wise as a lot of US rivers .
Despite the tourism hype we are doing quite a good job of ruining our natural environment , and particularly the low country , following on from a massive expansion in dairying , with the same narrow mind set that seems to precede a lot of other disasters . That said i can still sneak out to my favorite little roadside creek ( highly modified ) and pull out half to 5 lb browns that really are dumb. Always enjoy reading about the sincere anglers who dont let size matter .

gusstrand
04-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Quietly welcoming you and updating your access... :)