PDA

View Full Version : Hand Tied Tenkara Flies

Gentleshepherd
03-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I will tie 1 dozen of Tenkara style flies as shown in the pic for $20 per dozen, shipping included. Shipping to US only at the $20. For International please contact me direct.
Pick your colors: Black/Black, Black/Grizzly, Brown/Tan, Tan/Brown,
Red/Grizzly, Red/Black, Green/Black, Green/Grizzly, Black/cream, Rust/Brown.(See Photo Below)

All will be tied on dry fly hooks. Sizes 10, 12, 14
Please choose 4 color combinations - you will receive 1 of each combo in each of the 3 sizes.

If you have questions please ask. You can PM me here or direct an e-mail to me at mikeshaf@ptd.net - I prefer to be paid via PAYPAL.

Thanks for shopping with me. Hope you catch a ton of fish.

I will consider custom color combinations.
[attachment=0:3gr448wq]DSCN1158-1.JPG[/attachment:3gr448wq]

gusstrand
03-15-2010, 08:54 AM
For more than "I want to sell my old rod or reel" type commercial posts like this one, I would encourage you to either donate flies to the site for auctionm to the members or make a contribution to the site. This area is not really for commercial interests...

Gentleshepherd
03-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Sorry if I offended anyone. But I would consider donating a dozen to auction off. What do I need to do for this to happen?

gusstrand
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
No offense at all. Just want to keep this on the up and up for users without commercial stuff. Might have to make a commercial forum...

Tell you what. Don't send them. Post a representative photo with the value, and we'll run a little auction for the site.

Don't want to run you or anyone else off, especially if we can help your business, which hopefully we can.

Gentleshepherd
03-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Where will the proceeds go for the auction? Just would like to see the funds go to a fishing related organization or to this site for growth.

gusstrand
03-16-2010, 09:11 AM
They would pay for hosting for the site. That comes out of my pocket every month.

Gentleshepherd
03-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Ok, What do I need to do to help? I will donate a dozen flies to this site.

I can sympathize, I host 5 different sites as a favor for a couple of non-profits.

Check out isphost.org the cost is only about $80 for the year with multiple site hosting allowed.

gusstrand
03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL... I hear you there... I use phpwebhosting, it's similar. The place doesn't cost much more than my time, thus why you don't see me soliciting advertisers or whatnot. The main thing is if commercial interests want to play that they support the site - auctions are the best way, as the users get some swag and a fun time too.

Send me a photo of the flies and their value and we'll get a little auction going.

-G

Gentleshepherd
03-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Can you just use the one I have posted and they can choose the colors and sizes as stated?

gusstrand
03-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Will do. So, a dozen of any combination of the flies in the photo?

Gentleshepherd
03-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Any combination but I would prefer 3 sizes 4 color combos. Makes life a bit easier for me. Barbed or crushed.

gusstrand
03-17-2010, 12:43 PM
OK - now, here's the deal... Since they are Tenkara flies, would you consider changing it to support adam and Tenkara-fisher rather than smallstreams?

Gentleshepherd
03-17-2010, 03:19 PM
It doesn't really matter, I could do both if you think it would help all parties concerned or I could do something like this for this site [attachment=0:1sjkwv2u]DSCN1161-1.JPG[/attachment:1sjkwv2u]- I would be willing to come up with a mixed dozen in my choice of colors and sizes. Shipping would still be US only - international would need to pay for the shipping(sorry)

adam
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
OK - now, here's the deal... Since they are Tenkara flies, would you consider changing it to support adam and Tenkara-fisher rather than smallstreams?

Gus, that is sweet of you but it is not necessary.

Gentleshepherd
03-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Adam, If you think this could out your Tenkara site, I would be willing to offer up a dozen of the Tenkara style flies.

adam
03-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Mike, can you tell me the pattern names that you offer?

I'm going to order a dozen from you and I want to be able to choose via name.

I want to learn the names of tenkara dedicated flys and start using those names when I converse.

Thanks.

Gentleshepherd
03-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Adam,

I am currently tying only Ishigaki Kebari style flies. Basically they are a reverse hackle style.
To me they look a lot like some North Country Spider Patterns. I have sold over 20 dozen so far with 2 reports of success using them.

I am goingto start working on some additional Tenkara Patterns in the near future and will advise when they are ready to go.

If I can be of further assistance please ask.

Mike