PDA

View Full Version : Czech Nymphs

kurt76
03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Looking a little less ' buggy ' ( these have been fished ) than previous heres a couple i tied last year.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/reptilian_photos/P1000897-1.jpg

Have since give up the tying vice , a short sweet affair but atleast i now know the joys of catching on one of your own :)

wrknapp
03-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I've always thought they look cool but have never tried them. Do you think they fish better than hare's ears, Prince nymphs, Copper John's, pheasant tails and other popular and classic patterns?

Randy

kurt76
03-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi Randy

On the streams/rivers i fish i wouldnt say they are inherently capable of outfishing the more classic nymphs all or even most of the time , but they certainly have resulted in a good few fish for me. perhaps this is a confidence issue as i never feel so sure nymphing as i do when i have a grhe tied on the end of my set-up. well worth a try though , on certain rivers as peoples experiences show they can be destroyers! :cool:

Kurt.

pcg
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Kurt,
Pure curiosity but why did you give up the vise?
Pat

kurt76
03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Pat

I just found i was having to put so much effort into it for me to get a reasonable looking fly that i was happy to fish. perhaps i was just expecting to much to soon.

Looking back a bit of persistance may of paid off as i now seem to spend/waste most of my spare time trawling around the net and shops searching out decently tied commercial flies.

Perhaps come the next close season i shall once again give it a another try ;)

Kurt.