PDA

View Full Version : skyfireblaze ...

skyfireblaze
03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Hello,

I've been fly fishing for a couple of years now, but still consider myself very much a novice. I started out with my father-in-laws old 6wt rod and reel. He let me use it just so I "didn't go out and spend a lot of money and then find out you didn't like it." Well, that was about 3 years ago, and I like it. I've moved on to a lighter rod of my own making and fly fishing has taken me from there. From just generally getting out and fishing in beautiful places, tying my own flies, and building rods, there's so much in this hobby to keep me going and learning.

Probably like most of you, I've found I really like fishing small mountain and meadow streams best of all. I can't get enough of them. So far, I've had the pleasure of visiting some great streams in northern New Mexico (where I live) and Utah (family, and where I went to college). Here are a couple of pictures from my favorite stream here in NM.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the smallstreams community.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad277/skyfireblaze/Fly%20Fishing/DSCN7245.jpg

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad277/skyfireblaze/Fly%20Fishing/PB120386.jpg

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad277/skyfireblaze/Fly%20Fishing/PB120388.jpg

gusstrand
03-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Welcome!

soupmix
03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
The really like the last picture. Cool formation!

soupmix
03-08-2010, 11:23 AM
opps! meant... I really like the last picture!

skyfireblaze
03-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to getting back up there in a couple of weeks.

daleconnally
03-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Rio San Antonio?
Miss my PhD days in Albuquerque for the for fishing and the green chili!
Dale

skyfireblaze
03-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Rio San Antonio?
Miss my PhD days in Albuquerque for the for fishing and the green chili!
Dale

Close ...That's the Rio Guadalupe.
The San Antonio is a fun stream too. I've been the San Antonio once so far, but I'll change that in a couple months ...

daleconnally
03-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Have fished the Guadalupe a few times. Had a good day there right below the tunnel last year. San Antonio has fished well for me above Battleship Rock, and way up in the meadows as well. Fun stuff that whole Jemez area is!! Fished it almost weekly after runoff when I lived out there. Used to love to grab a loaf of hearty bread from the locals in Jemez Pueblo on the way home. Those are gorgeous pics. Wished I'd have found that stretch! Or at least seen it in better light. It was overcast and raining last time up.

Danny S
03-10-2010, 04:46 AM
I lived in Albuquerque for a few years in the 90s and fished the Pecos (north of Terrero) and Jemez area quite a bit. And like you Dale, stopped along the roadway to buy the bread on the way home. Good Stuff! I heard they don't set up their roadside bread stands anymore?

daleconnally
03-10-2010, 12:10 PM
If they no longer sell roadside, what a loss. Challenge on a day I forgot lunch was to have any left when I got home to the Misses!

I'll start a Pecos thread with some questions so as not to hijack our warm welcome for skyfireblaze!

adam
03-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Nice.