PDA

View Full Version : Another Washington fly angler returns!

C.E.R.T.
02-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Hello again everyone!

I was a member of the old forum, and I am soooo glad to see that it is back up!
I am now a student at Washington State University, and I have taken several successful trips into the mountains of Idaho so far. I mention this to give you all a little background for the pix I'm uploading.
Well, I'm not sure what else to say before going into some pix of my favorite spots, so I will say one more time that it makes me very excited to be back on the site.^^

Here is a bit of the Potlatch River. Only been here once and didn't catch any fish, but still love the shot.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/ce127/DSC02298.jpg

And finally, this is a shot of my home stream. One of the more technical pools I hit.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/ce127/100_1515.jpg

-Sticky (that's my rave name, so I'll probably use it as my sig a lot)

adam
02-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Rave?

As in dancing?

C.E.R.T.
02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Yes indeed. =D

Kind of an odd combination, back-to-nature small stream fly fishing and high-tech cyberpunk techno dancing...
But that's how I like it, and I'm not gonna make any excuses.^^

I just wish there were as many places to rave around here as there are to fish. >_<

adam
02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Dude, my next birthday, I'm fifty.

I've been to a few.

A couple of my hang gliding friends are on the Red Bull team and I like it with Vodka.

Just got in from listening to the Gorillaz...

I'm a punk rocker at heart, surfer, skater. There are many of us here, but I'm too old now for Raves but I can dig it.

I'm mush more mellower now, picking and choosing what I want in life.

It's all good.

C.E.R.T.
02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Sweet! Always glad to find other people who own their shit. =D

And on a more fishing note, I finally took a trip to the local fly shop to introduce myself and get some supplies and advice. It looks like I'll be going to Rocky Ford tomorrow, so I'll try to remember to bring the camera and get some pix for ya'll.

I'm so glad the weather is warmer than usual. :]

Edit: Well, I'm back from my trip to Rocky Ford. It was good to go fishing again but I kind'a regret driving 3 hours each way for it. It was a successful trip (got one 'bow about 11 inches), but fishing spring creeks just doesn't trip my trigger like mountain freestones. =/
And sry about not getting any pix. Totally forgot my camera again. >.<

Apache Trout
03-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Must be something about our generation. :)
I turn 46 soon and will be seeing the Specials & English Beat this spring. My wife got me tix to see the two great ska bands from the late 70's early 80's for my birthday. Going to be a skanking good birthday.
Pssst... I have the Gorillaz CD Laika Come Home & owned Z-Flex & Alva boards back in the 70's. :)
John

C.E.R.T.
03-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I hope I'm as awesome as all of you when I get to be that age.^^)))

I'm also hoping to combine fishing and raving in an exciting new way. Granted, it will be ocean fishing (which I have never done), but the whole experience is supposed to be horizon-widening.
You see, there is a bacteria that grows in the ocean called Photobacterium (Vibro) phosphoreum that gives off its own light. I'm planning on catching a fish (that's the fishing bit) and letting it sit outside for a time until colonies of P. phosphoreum start growing on it. These colonies will then be cultivated and combined with marine micro-algae (and a suitable medium) and that whole lot will be sealed in a tube, and viola! Organic, homegrown glowsticks. =D
Now I just need some funding (aka I need to get a job). >.<