PDA

View Full Version : First Salmon Hampshire Salmon

compagnito
02-19-2010, 04:31 AM
I fished the Hampshire Avon yesterday starting around 2pm.

A wee bit of casting practice then changed rods - AWM 14'9" 10/11 with Loop fs head and 2.5 inch plastic tube.

Three casts or so and saw surface movement and jag jag, fish on.

I'm afraid it was a difficult battle, high river, net miles away, fish too big for salmon net, but I landed it - twice.

It looked thick of shoulder, perfect tail, strong, small head, but grey more than silvery blue, and 36 inches.

No pics, I got the hook out, and rolled it straight back where it swam away.

I have afib so had two bouts of hyper ventilation in battle and thought don't let me catch another today, I was absolutely wrecked for five minutes.

BrkTrt
02-19-2010, 09:00 AM
A nice start to your season friend,

I'm sorry about your being light in the head, but your reward was worth it.

Thanks for the story,

- Brk Trt

luredalive
02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
I fished the Hampshire Avon yesterday starting around 2pm.

A wee bit of casting practice then changed rods - AWM 14'9" 10/11 with Loop fs head and 2.5 inch plastic tube.

Three casts or so and saw surface movement and jag jag, fish on.

I'm afraid it was a difficult battle, high river, net miles away, fish too big for salmon net, but I landed it - twice.

It looked thick of shoulder, perfect tail, strong, small head, but grey more than silvery blue, and 36 inches.

No pics, I got the hook out, and rolled it straight back where it swam away.

I have afib so had two bouts of hyper ventilation in battle and thought don't let me catch another today, I was absolutely wrecked for five minutes.

Well done,........but steady on there cock,be careful as well.............. :)

Zac Sexton
02-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Nice man! Congratulations!! Hyperventalating is good for you!!!

Graham
02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Wow, what a lovely start to the season. I have yet to catch a salmon. You picked a lovely river to do it on. Graham