PDA

View Full Version : Music

gusstrand
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Ever forget you have stuff on your ipod?

I have ~3500 songs on mine, not that many, really, but I just hit an old playlist with a couple hundred songs in it I call "Easy." It has all three "Troll for Trout" albums in it. I forgot how much I enjoy those.

That playlist also has Paul Simon, Sting, Jars of Clay, Jack Johnson, Phil Keaggy, Nickel Creek, Ben Winship/David Thompson, Hayley Westenra, Nat King Cole and others... forgot how much I like it!

Sean
02-19-2010, 09:45 PM
considering how young i am (23) I'm old school and still listen to the radio and don't own an ipod.

greendrake
02-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Technology left me in the dust years ago :lol: I still listen to FM radio or play a cassette.

The first time that I rode in my daughters SUV while she was using her MP3,I pointed at the thing protruding from the face of her radio/CD and said "What's that?" "A key to unlock the face of your player and remove it when you go in the house."

Needless to say she got a huge laugh before she could compose her self enough to explain to me what it was. :roll:

JB in SC
02-24-2010, 10:58 PM
My adult son has several thousand songs on a couple of iPods, damned if I can figure out when he has time to listen.

Last count I had about 200 on my iTouch. I like being able to pick out individual songs that bring back the 60's...at least the parts I can remember :cool:

Technology is good...to a point.

gusstrand
02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
My iTouch is with me every waking hour for the most part. I plug it in in the car, and have speakers on my desk. I've been an audiophile for as long as I can remember, it's a great place to store the files centrally.

...and we often all sit around in the evenings casually playing "Words with Friends" (scrabble) - myself, my wife and two eldest kids. I keep threatening to buy a real board, but we play even if the kids in their rooms, or wherever - they play with us even when they're not home... at Friends', etc.

Mostyn
03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I bought my Daughter an Apple Ipod Touch last Christmas! Fantastic bit of kit; and although I'm in my 60ties, I'd quite like one myself! Put my classical music on it and some easy listening, also handy for emailing! Technology Eh, moves so quickly! Difficult to keep up!

Mostyn

JB in SC
03-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I've thoroughly enjoyed my iTouch. Pretty versatile, although the screen is a bit small (for my old eyes). The WiFi is handy. Even in my small town, hot spots are everywhere.

streamcaster1
03-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I have an ipod nano which my son loaded with my CDs, and some of his (which I like!) My problem with ipods is the earbuds. They hurt my ears and don't fit well enough to guide the sound into my ear canal. I have to hold one in with my finger to make 'em work right. If I had a car with an ipod jack, I'd use that, for sure. Maybe I'll get a headset pair of "ear muffs" llke Bose or something. Until then, well, I don't really listen to it.

The best to you each morning!
Peter

palewatery
03-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Same for me, don't fit my ears well either, I use the earplugs that came with my phone. Much better fit and much better sound because of the fit.

I don't load much onto my ipod at any one time.

adam
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I've been very creative listening to the Gorillaz...

Lots of groove for me there.

Alpinefly
03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
My two boys received the newest nano I-Pod from their Uncle for Christmas; my wife received one recently for her birthday. I am techno-impaired.....depraved....etc, and still listen to CD's and tapes or the radio. I have yet to transfer my record albums over to re-mixed C'ds even though I have cutting edge recording studio hardware (one is 64 trac); I have not begun to use !!!!!!! Well....back to my fly vise, where my ego doesn't take such a beating !!!! :oops: