PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch encounters

Brooktrout
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM
ok, so i am sticking my neck out here, but that's fine.
does anyone care to share their weird, odd, scary, creepy, or bizarre stories about encounters or possible encounters with sasquatch/bigfoot? :shock:

gusstrand
02-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I DO believe they are out there.

Having moved here after spending six years in Southern Oregon, there were no shortage of potential contacts in the news there. There is even a Bigfoot Trap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot_trap) in the area there that I've been to a number of times.

Never had any experiences, though.

There are rumors of them in Texas (http://www.bigfootproject.org/articles/bf_in_texas.html) and even a "research org" here: http://www.texasbigfoot.org/

Brooktrout
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
cool, a believer.
and thx for the bigfoot trap link. i guess no luck so far.? yes, i do know about the texas bigfoot research conservency. that is where i borrowed the pic of the man, sasquatch, bear image. have you ever heard about the bfro: http://www.bfro.net.

i had my own possible/likely encounter on a solo fishing trip. i might share it later if anyone is interested. sort of spooky stuff.

troutrageous1
02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I've never seen one, but I'm a believer as well. I'm a show like "MonsterQuest" junkie, so would love to hear some stories. Chupacabras too.

mikeytwoshoes
02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
yep, got 'em here in az too. I've never come across evidence but I believe...

http://www.desertbigfoot.com/

lotsa stuff there.

adam
02-13-2010, 12:36 PM
We have satellites that can read the license plates on a car. We have the Internet and we have millions upon millions of people in the outdoors with cameras and guns.

Not one single bigfoot has been captured on film, not one single hair has not been identified, no corpse, nothing.

We find virus on the bottom of the ocean, we detect ice on Mars, we find many things but over the years and years and years we can't find proof of bigfoot?

Has science embraced bigfoot?

I don't believe and I don't dis-believe and I don't have much faith that one ever lived in the times of modern man.

However, I do enjoy the search that people make for bigfoot, I enjoy the stories, the myth. In an age where man finds himself constantly researching to understand the things in our world and beyond, the myth of bigfoot is enjoyable to me. Many many of my friends believe that this creature lives beyond the sight of man.

I do not believe.

I also don't believe in extra-terrestrials but I do think that the possibility for them to exist is much more possible than a bigfoot given the fact that there are nearly innumerable chances out there, infinity.

I also don't believe in ghosts, I believe that people make ghosts with their mind and believe they are real.

Reinhold Messner in his climbing the Himalaya has come up with the best explanation that I have heard, they are bears.

S.Brooks, I have heard many many stories from friends about bigfoot in the mountains of Colorado. I have heard Elk in the dead of night that sounded like banshees coming straight up from the depths of hell to zero in on me to take me to visit the devil himself. I believe that bigfoot is in the minds of men and you know, I'm alright with that.

greendrake
02-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Back in my youth I went out on a blind date once and my date kind of resembled picture #2. :lol:
That was the last time I ever agreed to a blind date :o :wtf:

I'm with Adam on this and the LOCH NESS Monster.
Will

wrknapp
02-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I, too, am with Adam on this one. No Bigfoot, no Jersey Devil, no Yeti, no Loch Ness, no ghosts. Jury still out on aliens as a possibility (it is a big universe) but even that I doubt. The mind can play nifty little tricks on you. Halucinations are real to those who have them. Our bodies are just a bunch of chemicals, and if the senders and receivers get messed up then reality is altered. I'm not discounting talking about visions and dreams: they are something different though our thoughts about them may be similar when they are not our own. I still like scary movies and novels even though they are fiction. I have really been entertained by the TV series LOST and all the issues the series has addressed in our perception about scientific and philosophical unknowns like time travel, quantum physics, parallel realities, etc. but being entertained is different than believing.

Randy

Ernest
02-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Over the years we've had reports of bigfoot in Northern Minnesota and in Wisconsin. We have thick forests where it'd be hard to find yourself, much less a rare creature that didn't want to be found. We also have a reputation for heavy alcohol consumption. I've never found any evidence of bigfoot personally, but then I don't drink much either.

But ghosts, now that's something else. We lived in a haunted house for quite a few years. The woman that sold it to us forgot to mention that her first husband had hung himself in the garage. The ghost seemed harmless, but it was creepy to hear him walking around downstairs when we were trying to sleep. One day my wife sat down with him in the living room and explained to him that his family was gone, that we lived there now, and he'd be better off if he just moved along. We didn't hear him anymore after that. When we sold the house, we forgot to tell the buyers that the first husband of the prior owner had hung himself in the garage.

erics beetle
02-15-2010, 05:32 AM
Hi Guys ..

As an Englishman the chances of meeting Bigfoot in our ltd wild places are quite remote. Although the second image in the initial post is not unlike a young farmers daughter that I briefly dallied with many years ago. and given the old expression " A pretty face is all very well but what a farmer needs is a woman that can carry a pig under each arm." I would say the build was ideal...I am glad to say the relationship was short lived

However to make an other point in Britain Joe Public seems to have a fascination that the countryside is teeming with panthers lions and goodness knows what else. We see countless reports and pictures of so called big cats which after scrutiny are some well fed moggy. However the reports keep coming and I beleive that largely these are due to the rapidly expanding populations of Otters that have been reintroduced and are breeding well.
Our local river has had a breeding population now for some years. Now although these are a reclusive creature they are often seen at a distance.

I recently chatted to a nice lady of some intelligence who was convinced she had seen a black panther on my local river. She had even reported it to the local paper and radio station. I questioned her on its movement and behaviour and am convinced what she had seen was an otter. I even took her a photo and video made by a club member of our resident otter and she viewed it and said yes that is just like the one I saw but that one was definately a panther . I think the truth is People will see what they want to see. and no amount of persuasion will make them think otherwise.

Trucha
02-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I believe. There has been numerous encounters with them. Even the Native Americans have tales about them. For me, I can see it being a North American Great Ape.

I also believe in Skin Walkers, I have seen a ghost, I have seen a UFO.

Brooktrout
02-15-2010, 01:26 PM
interesting takes. glad to hear people's opinions. and thanks for that cool site mike.
listen to this if you have the chance. it is NOT a pissed off elk or mtn lion. it is something else screaming at the top of it's freaking lungs. and i have heard that scream and it is quite disturbing. http://www.bfro.net/REF/Puyallubigfeet.wav

i used to think it was possible and all but never really gave it much thought. but until i heard one in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere there had always been that disconnect.

so let's figure. only 160 years ago there were millions of bison roaming north america. there were huge tracts of forests (and there still are) and mountain country and full of a huge and varied flora and fauna. why couldn't there be an american ape? like trucha said almost every native tribe in north america has a name for them.

scientists and researchers continue to find significant new species in remote places fairly frequently. there was the jurassic era tree, the wollemi pine, in australia, and the spindle horn antelope of vietnam. http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/08/news/ ... gewanted=1 (http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/08/news/vietnam-forest-yields-evidence-of-new-animal.html?pagewanted=1).

also take into account that they are mostly nocturnal, usually live in remote places, may have a "culture" of concealment, and are likely to be at least semi-intelligent. and how many times have you found the body of a dead bear in the wilderness?

now, go to this site http://www.bfro.net/ and just read a few of the literally thousands of sightings by hunters, hikers, motorists, etc. the sightings are amazingly similar and they are not seeing bears. and different people/organizations do have hairs with dna profiles that match no catalogued animal; some from china (yeren) and some from the u.s. and canada.

i have two pics from the site mike suggested of petroglyphs of large human-like foot prints and have attached them in the next post. they are a bit large, sorry. just thought they were interesting.

gentlemen, there is some sort of uncatalogued bi-pedal primate still out there.

Brooktrout
02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
large foot print petroglyphs little colorado river, near springerville, az.

Brooktrout
02-15-2010, 02:34 PM
ok, for those who have the time, a trippy close-encounter report from northern az, from the bigfoot field researchers' sightings database.

YEAR: 1990

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

STATE: Arizona

COUNTY: Coconino County

LOCATION DETAILS: On a curvy stretch of two lane highway. I think it is Highway 180. Maybe 15 miles from the Grand Canyon.

NEAREST TOWN: Flagstaff, AZ

NEAREST ROAD: Highway 180 between the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff

OBSERVED: About 15 years ago my girlfriend at the time and I took a trip from our home in Albuquerque NM to Los Angeles to visit my mother. On our trip home we decided to stop by the Grand Canyon in Arizona because she had never seen it. We got there pretty late in the afternoon and we stayed to view the sunset over the canyon. We departed for Flagstaff soon after it had gotten dark. We headed down a less traveled stretch of road as a short cut. I do admit that I don't remember the highway number, but I will look it up. The road had next to no traffic on it and my friend and I took advantage of the time to talk. The highway was very curvy and we had just come out of a turn into a fairly long straight away when we noticed something walking down the right side of the road on the shoulder. Note the rest of this took place in amatter of a few short minutes although it seemed like an hour. What we saw was walking upright like a man, but was noticibly larger. As we got closer my girlfriend said "is that a bear?" It was at that moment that it became visible that our companion on the road was covered head to toe in brown to light-brown fur (hair). It was also at that moment that I realized what we were looking at. I had seen enough TV and heard enough hunting stories from my dad. I stopped the car. Our headlights now shown into the area that the bigfoot could see them and it stopped as well. We were about 50 yards apart at this point maybe closer. It then turned to face us. I'll never forget this moment it is burned into my memory. At first the animal turned it's head slightly to look back, but it's head seemed to be attached at the chest so it had to turn completly to face us. We didn't make a sound. We were in complete shock. Our friend was about seven feet tall and was covered head to toe in hair. The body was somewhat without definition as in I didn't make out features like hips or gender. The arms seemed to be abnormally long...maybe to just above the knee. The face was mostly hairless and looked...well without something else to compare it to kinda like a charactor from Planet of the Apes. Not exactly, but this creature deffinatly was from the ape family with just a touch of human looks. The eyes seemed to glow a bit green like a cat or dog in the headlights. It stood there for a matter of seconds and I could tell that it was thinking about it's next move. It ran it's tongue across the front of it's upper teeth in pondurance. It took one small step in our direction. My girlfriend went bizerk. She screamed in horror. It stopped it's forward movement, looked around, and headed into the woods near the road in a couple of strides. We never got another look at it. My girlfriend quickly got it together and wanted out of the area. I agreed. We took of and i made a wide turn around the area that the Bigfoot had once stood. I never got the feeling that it ment us any harm, but was very curious about what we were. You couldn't convince my girlfriend of that though. The event shocked here for life and she refused to ever talk about it again. To this day I'm sure she has blocked it out. I on the other hand will never forget it. It did take me years before I could tell my wife about my encounter. I am only posting my story for my own therapy and the hope that it will help someone else who has gone through something like this.

ALSO NOTICED: The whole time I could see from body language and face movement that the animal was thinking out its next move. It was very curious about us. I never felt like I was in danger.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just my girlfriend at the time. Almost no traffic on the road. So no one else saw it.

OTHER STORIES: None

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 8:00 PM
Weather: Clear
Just After Dark

ENVIRONMENT: Heavy forest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Cliff Barackman:

I spoke to the witness via telephone on 5/19/05.The following details can be added to the report:

• The encounter took place on Highway 180, sometime between 8 and 9 pm.
• The creature was walking away from the approaching car.
• After a quick glance, it twisted slightly at the waist and shifted its feet (left then right) as it turned around to directly face the vehicle.
• The body hair was thick all over. The hair on its arms seemed a little longer.
• The arms hung very low, almost to the kneecap.
• The head was oval, “like the top half of an egg”. It had little or no neck visible, but showed some movement there as the creature glanced at them.
•Its head and cheeks had hair on them while the eyes, nose, and mouth seemed more bare. The hair on its head was a lighter shade of brown.
•The witness described the face as “definitely simian” (ape-like).
•The teeth were dull yellow and human-like.
•The witness said it had a “What the hell is that?” expression on its face.
•The creature was between 7’ and 7.5’ tall with a shoulder width of one-third to one-half its height.
•After a brief pause, the animal took one step towards the vehicle and the witness’ girlfriend started screaming. At this point the animal stopped and strode into the trees. It covered approximately 15’ in two or three strides.
•They made a wide circle around the area where the animal entered the woods and immediately left the area.

adam
02-15-2010, 08:56 PM
We are getting closer S.Brooks.

For me, this is not a right or wrong thing.

There are un-kind people who so much want to be right at the sacrifice of others, this isn't about that, it's about me, whether I "believe" or not, I don't.

I do think there are possibilities for a monkey type that has not been identified. You would most likely find one of the specie in Borneo or in the Amazon. Now that I think of it, there are probably tribes of bipedal homo sapiens (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homo+sapiens?o=100074) that have not been discovered by modern man. I would like to think that we are leaving them alone so we don't funk them up with our ways...

But I don't think there are BIGFOOT, the bigfoot you are describing here. Call me stupid or ignorant, it's what I choose to believe based on the reasons I have already listed.

The rock art you have posted is cool indeed, dig it.

Brooks, just because I don't believe, well, they could still be out there, I could be wrong.

I just don't think I am.

When I do some solo backpacking far and away from roads or man, if I see or hear something, I'm going to let you know.

Unrelated story how I saw a devil: Once, when I was at about 15,000' or so, in my hang glider, I was speeding through severe turbulence. My mind started to race, I started to get scared. I looked up at the nose of my wing and thought I saw a little green devil, sort of a gargoyle smiling at me with a smile that looked like it went ear to ear with sharp long teeth. He was up there stomping around, shaking my wing. WTF!!! I'm scared, shivering (super adibiatic lapse rate) and thinking that my glider was going to break apart. And I started to glide down into warmer air, more oxygen and lower. I was a long way over a huge forest with a couple of miles to go before a clearing that I could land in. As I warmed up, my mind cleared up realizing that I didn't have any oxygen on that trip, the bottle was back in the van, I didn't think I was going to get this high, I realized I was hypoxic but that damn devil was real.

I saw him.

Devils like that do not exist, devil like humans do.

I don't believe in bigfoot however, I enjoy the story and am not laughing at people who do believe.

greendrake
02-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Adam said
"Unrelated story how I saw a devil: Once, when I was at about 15,000' or so, in my hang glider, I was speeding through severe turbulence. My mind started to race, I started to get scared. I looked up at the nose of my wing and thought I saw a little green devil, sort of a gargoyle smiling at me with a smile that looked like it went ear to ear with sharp long teeth. He was up there stomping around, shaking my wing. WTF!!! "

I can think of a lot of things that were popular beginning in the 60's that could have caused that :shaking2:

:lol: Will ;)

Brooktrout
02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
sure adam, i completely respect that.

cool story about the little gargoyle. kinda creepy too.

stevekiley
02-16-2010, 02:57 PM
from the oregon coast range 2008
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj153/stevekiley/IMGP0264.jpg

adam
02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
No way...

Brooktrout
02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
re: stevekiley's photo

holy #$%&! cool photo... :shock:
did you ever feel like you were being watched that day?

stevekiley
02-16-2010, 08:51 PM
yes and many other times,i have talk with many people with experiances and have more pictures of partial prints and other stories,all of my other pics are on film and not digital so i cant post,all i can say for sure is there is something out there that i cant explain,i know all the normal animals after being a licenced trapper for many years,steve

Brooktrout
02-16-2010, 08:54 PM
damn. pretty wild. have you ever heard the howling or the screams? and did you ever get freaked out at all? would love to hear a story or two.

adam
02-17-2010, 02:32 AM
re: stevekiley's photo

holy #$%&! cool photo... :shock:
did you ever feel like you were being watched that day?

Very cool photo indeed. Look at the boot in the photograph. Compare the compression against the imprint. What do your CSI skills tell you?

Sometimes, I have the feeling like I am being watched. It's usually when I am alone, walking from meadow to meadow on a still day. The hair on the neck is bristling, I try not to get nervous, can't help it. Everything is cool though, never had a problem. I think it is an animal scoping me out and I am in the zone feeling the presence of the animal.

In my not believing, I enjoy this sort of evidence. It makes me re-think my reasons using science.

I think what ever made the track weighed a lot more than a big man...

Doctor
02-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Size of my boys shoes i do beleive in Bigfoot :mrgreen:

Brooktrout
02-17-2010, 10:25 AM
interesting. in many of the sighting reports i have read (about 400 by now from various websites but primarily the bfro) people mention feeling as though they are being watched and sometimes the hair you mentioned, adam, stands on end.
and yes, supposedly their adult weight can range anywhere from 300-700 lbs, depending, of course, on size. they can be massive.

Chef
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Science is science. Just show the scientist reliable facts and they will follow. (reliable to their community) This is how most in the medical & scientific world have been grown. It's the same as having ones mind in a cult and being told what to believe and to only evaluate the facts. It's keeping the mind captive in thinking one way which means no God without facts. No belief in anything that isn't in line with a scientific way of measuring it. Hell, I'm a Six Sigma green belt and even in this world it's confining. The ones you will hear for the most part are from the scientific community which like I said have been born into this mind-set and are living from a structured system of beliefs. Just the facts sir mentality can sometimes be narrow minded and somewhat sterile.

If your mind is open to seeing ghosts you will see them. Energy is a fantastic source. The mind is capable of many things like bending spoons, reading minds, seeing into the future which has been documented many many times but still gets the weird looks from the scientific world.

I think it's very simple minded to not believe because even so called facts can be generated to make non-believers believers. It works both ways. The theory is that you are trusting the ones who write down facts and present them to the world more so than what your own mind can decide on. Simply put...do you believe everything you read? propaganda?

Because there is no corpse isn't a good enough answer for me that something doesn't exist or has existed and because an object flies across a room on its own power doesn't suggest my mind simply made it up.

I have seen ghosts for a long time and have had real experiences with them so I know the deal but don't get closed minded in thinking anything more than it's life. At the St. James Club in Hollywood California where I was a corporate Chef and just transplanted there I encountered a beautiful sighting. I was new there, knew nothing about the cool hotel only that it was a tricked out place that the stars like to stay at like Madonna.

I was standing at the elevator landing on my second night there (I stayed in the hotel) and felt a chill up my spine which I have felt before in the past and when I looked back I saw a beautiful women walking down the stairs to the elevator about 25 feet away. She was dressed in a white like gown with her hair perfectly bundled up old school like and red lipstick. She sort of was like a glowing image yet very clear and she whispered hello to me but her mouth didn't move but I heard it in my ears as if she was standing an inch from me and whispering in my ear. I blinked, doors opened to the elevator just then and quickly turned to the opening doors and when I quickly turned back she was gone.

I went downstairs to the bar and was a little freaked out and started to tell the bartender what had just happened and he looked at me and said..."did you see her?" I said who? Then he proceeded to tell me that she had jumped (suicide) from the balcony of the hotel and was an actress back in the day. Ended up that there were several encounters at that hotel with lots of different actors and actresses who were haunting the hotel. I was never told but lived it. Picked up a ringing phone to hear voices, when I was on the phone I was interrupted with a woman's voice...etc. etc.

For some they must see the evidence and facts as they were trained to do and for others they believe in something that is "possible" because they can't prove or deny its existence.

I'm a believer until I'm proven wrong.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy in life is when adults are afraid of the light...

Chef

Brooktrout
02-17-2010, 08:04 PM
wild. good points.

Sean
02-17-2010, 10:02 PM
i believe in bigfoot, ghosts, seen several and one was my grandmother, UFO's most likely but not entirely a believer

Roy
02-18-2010, 12:19 AM
I have had OBE's (Out of Body Experiences) due to death,
met ghosts, which do exist, I assure you.
I can tell if there is one in the house when I walk through the front door.
I had one slide down my back when I visited a friend, felt like a cold large squid, awful thing, I turned around, went to the pub, had a pint and caught the next train home.
Later I found out the only person who had not been told the place was haunted was me.
It was an ancient coaching house on the Essex coast UK, Tillingham?

I waked round a corner of a block one night about 1972 with my woman and both of us turned around at exactly the same time as if someone had fired a shot- and walked back fast, split second timing, neither of us knew what was there but we did not want to find out, that had my hair on end. Saw absolutely nothing unusual, heard nothing; both of us just felt an evil like cold sludge full frontal.

If you meet a ghost; if its aura feels clammy, get away from it. I have always managed to side step these, nothing to add.
If it is cold and dry it will not harm you. These paralyse me, the shock will wear off. It is scary.
There are no warm ghosts in my living experience.
The warm ones try to guide you to the light in an OBE, pull away and they drag harder.. Ignore them, float above their presence and you will float back in, worked for me.
Try to fight these and they win, float and they have no tie to your soul.

I have seen ghosts while driving, had to brake for a big red deer stag which vaporised before my eyes. I was not in the least intoxicated, nor tired. Had people and creatures run across the motorway and disappear halfway. My vision is excellent. Ghosts of previous hits? maybe!!
Also I have hit a large deer while driving, I know the difference.

I have met good folks, the best, who assure me that there are Bigfoot in the Cascades and that they are shy, harmless and huge, besides nocturnal.
I believe them, they have no reason to lie and they do not.
There are footprints and sacred places where locals do not tread.
You will not be guided in those areas. Ask which areas - you will be laughed at. The people want these creatures left alone.
They still believe in the Great Spirit, the one god.

People believe what is real.
In some folks' experience, these things exist because the people concerned have first hand real evidence.
Those who have no evidence to hand are disbelievers.
I do not believe in the Loch Ness Monster, it's just possible - but no, I'll wait on that one.
Science is derived from scio - Latin verb, means I know
therefore science equals knowledge.
One man's knowledge is another man's disbelief- generally one has the relevant experience, while the other refuses to credit the experience of the first.

Big Cat sightings in UK.. there have certainly been some of those, particularly when the law changed 1970's? to make ownership answerable to safety laws and many panthers were released into the wild. Many were real, more were black labradors :)
There may I guess have been a few dozen across the UK.
Sightings have now become very rare
- again, case by case- and for this one we need DNA, there are so many possibilities of cross bred Asian cats etc. Bring a body.

Did someone mention alternate therapies
Again, some will work, some are ruses.

Generally alt. medicines have sound logic and effect in the right hands-
alt. new age BS like aromatherapy is a different case, though one may smell better. Feng Shui is not my bag.
On the other hand Reiki healing is the most powerful anaesthetic and cleanser I know. Native Americans have their own similar systems, in my experience. Some people call this magic, some superstition.
I don't care what it's called if it takes away my pain or illness.
Some folks prefer chemicals, I use them but under medical(modern) supervision. It is good to have a harmless yet powerful alternate to medication.

I will reserve judgement case by case on alleged species.
Bigfoot exist, we have enough science. Do we want a body?
I doubt we would want to research this case to death.
Don't shoot one just for me. I'm cool with the knowledge.

The advice I had was that if everything in the forest goes silent I should walk out to the road keeping my fly rod low.
Check where the eagles in the trees are looking.
Look around and if there is any animal, do not allow eye contact.
Show respect, not fear. Bigfoot have not been known to attack people.

Black bears will only attack if they have young or if you surprise them in the blackberries where they feed and doze off; there are no grizzlies in the Cascades.
The only thing there that will harm you is a cougar. If you see one of these the likelihood is you won't see much more.

Keep walking.

mikeytwoshoes
02-18-2010, 11:48 AM
it would not surprise me one little bit if there were in fact grizzlies in the cascades.

stevekiley
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
there are grizzlyes in the northern cascads of washington,steve

Brooktrout
02-18-2010, 02:14 PM
interesting comments roy. i have never seen a ghost and am not too keen on it, unless i saw a ghost red deer stag. that would be damn cool. :bigthumb:

steve kiley and mike are right. there are grizzlies in the north cascades. they never quite became extinct and over the past 20 years have both migrated back there and have been re-introduced. http://www.bearinfo.org/tips.htm

Trucha
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
I saw a grizzly in the Valle Vidal area, with witnesses.

mikeytwoshoes
02-18-2010, 03:06 PM
I saw a grizzly in the Valle Vidal area, with witnesses.

outstanding!

they're rumored to be in the san juans as well.

Roy
02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
I stand warned and corrected on the grizzlies
thanks, guys,
Roy

stevekiley
02-19-2010, 01:54 AM
here is an experience i had a few years ago,a friend and i were walking a logging road at big bottom on the clackamas river witch is high in the cascads,as we came over a small rise we were hit by this huge growl or howel,it was so load that it felt physical.so i had my friend crircel into the 10 or 12 year old clear cut and i staid on the road to see if we could spook out whatever it was,after he left something started hitting a tree in back of me,sounded like it was being hit with a baseball bat,just then i saw a large shadow cross between 2 small trees about 75 yards out,and then 2 more calls on eather side of the ridge above us,then the tree smashing stopped,i stayed put for a few min,and then saw a doe deer pass through the same spot i saw the shadow, it was a 1/3 of the size of the shadow or whatever it was and i could make out its color just fine,a few min. later my friend past through the same spot and he was only 1/2 as tall.so we meet up and started walking back and all the way we keeped smelling a heavy musky smell,dont know for sure what it was and i know all the animals and sounds they make , but i am pretty sure it was a family of our bare foot friends,just one of my experiences,steve

Brooktrout
02-19-2010, 02:26 PM
trucha-WAY cool about seeing a griz in the valle vidal.

steve-k-interesting story. kind of scary too.

i have heard about sasquatch tree pounding before. i guess they can use it for communication and sometimes for territorial displays and even intimidation. can you imagine the destructive power behind a giant tree limb being swung by an 8' tall 700 lb primate?

rossa
02-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Amazing story steve, cryptzoology is fascinating although I think the show Monster Quest has screwed the pooch and probably does more harm. I remember watching a show on the topic and someone brought up the fact that no bodies have been found and a response form a bigfoot researcher was that not many bodies of bears or deer are found, can anyone confirm this?

Brooktrout
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
i can talk to that.
how many times have you found a body, or even bones, from a bear? in most environments bodies are torn apart and scattered by scavengers and then maggots, bacteria and such finish off those pieces. this does not take long, less than two weeks in most cases, unless it is in winter. then they might stay frozen/covered until spring. and of course then the process would begin. imagine how many elk and deer antlers are out there. and how often do you even find one of those, which are MUCH more common.

and then take into account the fact that these creatures live in the most remote, even trail-less areas of the wilderness.
also, some animals will recognize a feeling like they know they are going to die will go off to remote, inaccessible places to do just that.

Mostyn
02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Brooktrout,

This has been an excellent thread! I've been following the posts and stories by many of you! I love reading of the sightings of "Big Foot" I'm someone who's NOT seen anything like that "Yettie"

Trucha, I'll have some of whatever your drinking!

Roy, yours is the best post by far, with your OBE (Order of the British Empire) out of body experience; ghosts and goo-lies etc, I loved reading it. Thanks!

Adam, I'm also with you on this subject; good for tourism though! Although, there are more things in Heaven; and on Earth that cannot be explained!

I believe in the existence of God, although I will never see God, It's called FAITH.

Mostyn

Brooktrout
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
cool, glad you like it mostyn. it was good to read other's experiences and opinions. great stuff, esp seeing the ghost of a red deer stag.

axle27
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Interesting thread. I'm a believer, always have been. My wife scoff's at it. It is funny how she can believe in God but simply will not even THINK about Sasquatch being real. Her argument is that she'll believe it when she sees it. But, you've never seen God, right? Do you believe because organized religion and society, in general, tells you that you should?

Belief is a powerful thing. No wars ever started over what someone thought....just what they believed. I believe. I don't think I've ever seen one, but there are too many sightings for me to believe otherwise. Even if you take out 60% as stuff people make up because they can, there is still alot there.

I've been fascinated with this subject for years. I believe that these creatures are intelligent, curious and, if they don't want to be seen, they won't be. They've lived in their environment for much, much longer than we have. Over the years, I come to a few conclusions:

It seems that the more northerly population of Sasquatch are not as aggressive as the southern population. Just like humans, some are territorial and some are migratory. And I don't think there are many of them.

When I was a kid, the movie "Sasquatch" came out. I could not be in the same room when that commercial would come on. For years, I would have to steel myself when deer hunting on the first morning when I would walk into the woods hours before dawn. It's a piece of land that has changed over the years and not really what I would call remote, but you never know what moves through. Even today, my senses are heightened in those wee hours before dawn, listening, smelling.

Brooktrout
03-30-2010, 03:47 PM
interesting comments. it sounds like you are very familiar with the subject too. any weird stuff happen in the woods or on the stream that you could not explain?

adam
04-02-2010, 11:01 PM
When I was a kid, the movie "Sasquatch" came out. I could not be in the same room when that commercial would come on.

Interesting post axle27.

I think that old movie was called "The Manitou" or something like that... Nope, I was wrong, I researched it and found this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077904/

But I like what you wrote, I still do not believe in it but would not be surprised if one turned up shot or we found a corpse.

axle27
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Nope, I was talking about this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078203/

Scared the bejeezus outta me...hell, I was only 6 or 7 at the time. I remember that my parents went to see it...there was no getting me anywhere near it. I'd like to find a copy now and watch it.

adam
04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Yup, same time frame, I remember it too...

Craigslist or eBay ought to do it.

I would like to see it again too.

Maybe Netflix.

grayling
04-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Nope ... not for minute ... nope ... i'm not a betting person ... but i'd bet a nice flyrod there is no such thing. Was riding my r65 beemer up Pikes Peak CO in 1986 ... somewhere on the way up i took a picture of an official looking yellow diamond shaped sign reading something like "Slow ... bigfoot crossing" with the classic dark shape of big foot crossing the road ... someone's idea of a joke i'm sure. For all i know the sign is still there. In 1996 i found myself working in Shey Phoksundo National Park in mountains of Nepal. As part of the Alaska Refuges orientation slide show for local villagers and park rangers i jokingly included that slide. Instant quiet (and not a funny ha ha quiet) ... they looked wide eyed at each other and said dead seriously ... you have them in the USA too ???? And these people are very practical sceptics with alot genuine outdoor milage on foot. They recalled first hand experiences with an unkown creature ... alledgedly Yeti. I still don't believe ... and would bet against it ... but maybe not a really good fly rod now ... cause i've been wrong before and will be again ... but i think and feel not about this legend. :!: :?: :think: :wtf:

axle27
04-10-2010, 01:25 PM
I get what you're saying, grayling. Either you do or you do not. To each their own.

I'm going fishing to a semi-secluded spot in WV next weekend. In one particular area, I keep my eyes open around me as there is a small, sheltered valley that is open to the foot hills. I can see a long way. I always have the feeling that I'm going to see "something" there one day. Perhaps I have and didn't know it....

grayling
04-10-2010, 11:14 PM
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp288/interiorak/PBlr.jpg
Polar Sasquatch ... the last thing neaderthal
man saw that spring evening 04/10/10000BC :shock:

planettrout
04-12-2010, 10:02 AM
If I see one I'll let you know. On this particular day, I had a Mountain Lion stalk me...

Brooktrout
04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
"...searching for a yeti." nice.
where?
and what caliber ar is that? gotta love the ar platform.

planettrout
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Brooktrout,

Actually, a FN-FAL Para 50.62, cal .308 , with an IMI, 6X Nimrod Scope...that day it was loaded with Win. 180gr, Silvertips in a blocked 10rd. mag. (5rds.) ...the muzzle blast is deafening...I was looking for Mr. Bear...using a dying rabbit call.

PT/TB :crazy:

troutrageous1
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
was watching this trailer today and immediately thought of this thread.

[youtube:2d8k3hvx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yignZc2JtoE[/youtube:2d8k3hvx]

(@2:35, but worth watching the whole thing anyway).

rossa
04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow, those kundzha look amazing.

jmp
04-19-2010, 07:59 PM
For those who are interested there is a great book looking at the evidence for and against the existence Bigfoot. Its called "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" by Jeff Meldrum. It's a really interesting read. Turns out experiences like those Steve Kiley's aren't as rare as we think.

jp

Brooktrout
04-29-2010, 06:53 PM
planet trout-nice rig! got to love the FN's.

troutrageous, that video was AWESOME. have always wanted to go to kamchatka. now i want to go even more.

wrknapp
05-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Great video.

Randy