PDA

View Full Version : pictures

luredalive
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi,
Having a few problems posting some pics,after browsing the pic and then uploading, a message says file too big.
Can anyone explain how to resize or what else I have to do,I'm not that savvy on these puter' things.
Any help welcomed............ :)

gusstrand
01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
The best way is to have the photo hosted somewhere like photobucket. The you just post the link to the photo in between [ img] tags. The maximum size of any image that is actually attached to the post is 256kb.

So... do you have a photobucket account? they're free. :)

luredalive
02-01-2010, 03:07 PM
The best way is to have the photo hosted somewhere like photobucket. The you just post the link to the photo in between [ img] tags. The maximum size of any image that is actually attached to the post is 256kb.

So... do you have a photobucket account? they're free. :)

Yes I have an account,but when I am posting some pics as soon as I leave the page I am writing to go to photobucket for
another pic to copy when I return to the forum my script is lost and I have to start again or only have one pic............ :x
Any thoughts on this problem,probably an easy fix to those in the know..... :)

gusstrand
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Depending on the browser you're using, open a tab and then open your photobucket site, and open a new tab with smallstreams in it. Type your post, leave it open in the tab, and go to the photobucket tab... copy the "img" link version of the photo, change back to the tab with the message you're working on in it and paste it right in to your post.

If you try to write a post and then leave the site in the same tab to go get the photo link, you'll lose the message. Another way to do it is to go to photobucket first, copy the link, then come here and work on the post. The image will be in the copy memory... but if you leave again in the same tab, you'll lose your message...

Make sense? What browser are you using?

luredalive
02-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh dear.......I am in trouble........... :oops:
Whats a browser and whats a tab............. :shock: :?

Yes I know I need some lessons on these things............ :shifty:

luredalive
02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh dear.......I am in trouble........... :oops:
Whats a browser and whats a tab............. :shock: :?

Yes I know I need some lessons on these things............ :shifty:

If I go to photobucket first can I copy several pics and then include them in my post?? and if so how.

Sorry to be a pain,all help is greatly appreciated..... :)

luredalive
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the help my friend,I think I have the hang of it now.............. :D