PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Utah

utahtu
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Since we need to introduce ourselves before we get started - Here goes.

Retired US Air Force meteorologist, currently working as a Natural Resource consultant for a national firm. Have worked for Utah's Division of Wildlife Resources and the Division of Parks and Recreation.

Been involved in fly fishing for eons. Have been a member of Trout Unlimited for nearly 20-years, even served a stint on the national TU Board of Trustees.

Founded our local TU chapter, Weber Basin Anglers. Was chairman for the Utah Council of Trout Unlimited for over 5-years. Currently serve as VP-Operations.

Founded the Utah Anglers Coalation, a group of anglers, cold and warm water, concerned about our fisheries in Utah and impacts that may affect them.

Served as Chairperson of the Blue Ribbon Fishery Advisory Council from it inception for 6-years. This is an advisory group to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources on formulation of what constitutes a Blue Ribbon fishery, oversees a budget of nearly $500,000 annually to be used in stream or flat water riparian/aquatic habitat restoration project and acquisition of angler access.

Began building a log cabin on the north slope of the Uinta Mtns here in Utah two years ago.

Don't know how many flyrods the wife and I have, One for every situation I guess. Which begs the question: "is that enough?"

Favorite rod is a handcrafted 9ft 4-weight.
Favorite fly is a elk-hair caddis tied with yellow elk hair.

soupmix
01-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry, I don't think you have enough experience for this forum. :shock:

I think we all might be able to learn a thing or two from you - welcome.

- soupmix

Brooktrout
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
quite a resume. welcome aboard.

gusstrand
01-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Well I'd better get on to activating your access right away!!! LOL... You should be seeing a hair more content available now. :)

utahtu
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Many years ago while angling on the Taw I caught a nice salmon. Thought I'd share this photo with you.

luredalive
02-02-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry, I don't think you have enough experience for this forum. :shock:

I think we all might be able to learn a thing or two from you - welcome.

- soupmix

Hahahahaha......I like the sound of that log cabin,hows it progressing.