PDA

View Full Version : Hello from PEI

WJG
01-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Upon the urging of admin, I would like to say hello and thanx for the great site. I lurked about the former version and registered with the new to maintain touch. My season is short and winters are much too long without places like this to spend some time, learn something and day dream.

I had planned on doing a proper introduction, but I am a point and click ludite and things are keeping me too busy lately. I am going to have to reconsider this regular job thing!
I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada. A small province, mostly rural and laid back. Chasing brook trout in streams and small rivers from April to October is my passion. You will usually find me rigged up with a team of nymphs and/or emergers. Straight line, indy, under a dry, up or down. I am mostly self taught and borrow from many systems I see promoted under the latest stylish names. Tailor the approach to the situation is my style. Getting more into small BWO and tricos on top this year also. My rods seem to be getting shorter and lighter with each new purchase. Although, I do have my eye on a 10' 3 weight right now.

PEI is a trout flyfisher's paradise if you like the small streams. Speckles, rainbow, searun and some salmon. I don't carry a camera often but have a few pics I will post up when I find a quiet evening soon.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Joe