PDA

View Full Version : Hello

troutrageous1
01-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Just wanted to come out of the shadows - I don't want to get the boot! I'm a newer fly fisherman, angler, whatever you want to call it. Read some of Adam's posts over on the Tenkarausa board, had to check this site out. Like what I've seen so far, seems to be a lot of knowledge and very little of the anger typical of other forums.

I guess since I'm doing the introduction thing...my real name is Mike, I live in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs. Love C&R trout fishing (outside of my wife & daughter, it is my #1 passion) and made the transition to fly fishing over the past 2 years - tenkara fishing earlier this year. That said, I still consider myself an "equal opportunity angler," open to all techniques, regardless of if they involve fly, lure, or even on a rare occasion, bait.

You may notice in my signature I'm a member of the Stony Creek Anglers - a group that operates a trout nursery and maintains local stockings for the state. I know many have very strong opinions about stocked fish, their impact on wild populations and actual purpose of stocking waters that can't support a year round population. I understand it's not for everyone (I enjoy wild trout as much as anyone) so not looking to get into that debate here.

adam
01-28-2010, 11:05 PM
He is in Gus.

Nice avatar.

We just got a big compliment.