PDA

View Full Version : As requested, an introduction

rstouff
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Received Gus' email, and since I enjoy this site so much but feel I don't have much to contribute due to my location, I'll give it a shot.
I'm in south coastal Louisiana at the end of the Atchafalaya Basin. Most of my fishing is done there, in swamps and bayous, but several times a year I make forays to streams and rivers. This one, in central Louisiana, is a rare jewel in a land of cypress trees, swamps and bayous:

http://www.native-waters.com/Photos/Kisatchie09/scott-rapidsSMALL.jpg

There's scant few of these, with rock and rapids, in my state. It's a wonderful, beautiful little creek that offers up its spotted bass grudgingly. In fact, I'm more often skunked there than not, but keep going back, a 3 and a half hour drive each way, as often as I can. That's why I usually feel like I don't have much to say, but enjoy reading the reports and stories from other users of Smallstreams.com extremely. I do make yearly vacation trips, sometimes twice a year, to north Arkansas or to the Smokies, so I do get my feet wet in small streams, just not nearly often enough for my liking.

Thanks for this site. It's a rare jewel in its own right.

adam
01-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Beautiful picture.

He is in.

rstouff
01-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks!

gusstrand
01-30-2010, 11:50 AM
:) You were already grandfathered, but I totally agree - awesome pic!

rstouff
01-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Most appreciated, and it's one of my favorite photos, too. That's my regular fishing buddy, heading to work that pool ahead. As I recall, we did fair that day, eight or so a piece. The bass in that creek are typical spots down here, 9-10", a 3 lb. one was caught not far upstream from this location and that was a big spotted bass around here!