PDA

View Full Version : Moved to trout country

wb4tjh
01-28-2010, 05:19 PM
After 7 years of chasing saltwater fare near my home in Sarasota, Florida, I uprooted my family and moved to SW Missouri last October. It's nice to get back to my first love, flyfishing for trout in small streams, and now I'm right in the middle of some of the best small streams in this part of the county. I'm retired, but my wife's boss transfered her here, hence the move north. I'm originally from Memphis, Tn., and spent most of my adult life fishing Arkansas and occasionally Missouri. But we ended up in Sarasota, Florida for a few years. South Florida is a marvelous place to live and fish, but it's a very expensive place to live, so I'm really enjoying Missouri and it's much lower cost of living. Now I'm only a ten minute drive from good trout water, and it's sure great to get back to the Ozarks and clear streams.

adam
01-28-2010, 11:09 PM
My Father is from Joplin.

Nice to see you here.

soupmix
01-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Sweet! My wife and I go to a beach front condo in the Surf and Raquet Club on Siesta Key every year. The last trip I decided to do some surf fishing. Caugth several snook, a jack creval and lady fish. Great time. Love the burgers at Captin Kirk's!