PDA

View Full Version : New old member now in San Diego

Fly Chef
01-27-2010, 08:10 PM
I was a member on the old site as well, found Adam and Grassart there.

Got hooked on fly-fishing about 35 years ago in Northern Wisconsin by my uncle, a protege of Palmer Olsen. Have lived, and fished, in WI, MI, NC, GA, FL, NV, CA, AZ, IL, TN, and even Mexico City. My greatest joy is small streams with light line and wild fish, size doesn't matter :lol: .

Still working on my first bamboo rod, which Adam and Mike Shay guided me on until things went South for me last year and I had to move to San Diego. Just bought my own planing forms and found a new apartment with a garage to work in so I can get back at it.

Really miss my little mountain streams in AZ :cry: . I like the weather and beach in San Diego but miss my escapes to the mountains to re-charge and balance. I've never fished salt before so I am struggling to pick up any fish on the fly, caught some on plastics but that doesn't do it for me.

Anyway, enough whining. I'm glad to see this site up and operating under the new/old guidance. Thanks Adam and Gus for all you do.

Fly Chef
aka. Keith

adam
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
He is good.

Next!

dynamicron
01-28-2010, 05:12 AM
hello fly chef,

so nice to hear that i am not the only small stream soul in san diego. i wish i had an uncle who would have introduced me to fly fishing--but no such luck. i am a total newbie who just placed an order on tenkarausa. have cast a fly rod for one hour total so far...

i suppose i will have to play on the local lakes for the time being until i have time to research suitable streams in the area.

cheers!

Fly Chef
01-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks Adam.

dynamicron,
There is 1 small stream that might be worth exploring this summer if you're game. Let me know.

Fly Chef

greendrake
01-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey Keith,
Good to hear from you again.Nice to know that you are back working on your rod again.Check back in at Grassart as you work on your rod and keep us updated.
Will

Fly Chef
01-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks Will, it seems that I was deactivated at Grassart - understandably so - so I will have to ask Adam to re-instate me.

Fly Chef

adam
01-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Inactive user account status.

You are back in, give me till tonight to open it back up.

Good to see you back.

Fly Chef
01-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks Adam, good to be back. I missed all you chuckleheads :lol:

dynamicron
01-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks Adam.
dynamicron,
There is 1 small stream that might be worth exploring this summer if you're game. Let me know.
Fly Chef

hi fly chef,

i would love to have somebody take me along. thank you very much for the offer!! let me know when you are thinking of heading out.

cheers!