PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Bonefishing on TV

mems
01-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Aloha, check out friday's edition of "Familar Waters" on the outdoor network. Montanan turned local Oahu guide Dave Hill took out the show's host Mike, ex football player and Sawyer from the show "Lost" on K-bay on Oahu. Well they lost to the bonefish there. Next day host Mike got a three lb bone and was pretty stoked, only to be humbled at Triangle flats by tailing bones. It was great to show how tough the fishery is and how many fish you can see and not get to eat. Dave has a flats boat and really puts you on lots of fish. That increases your chances, but there are few guarrantees over on Oahu. I hope some of you guys got a chance to see it, Mems.

casaboba
01-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the "heads-up."

MikeM
01-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Don! How's things?

I went out with Dave for 1/2 day two years ago. I had my shots - big ones too. Alas, no fish.

I think it was Dave that coined the phrase "situational retard" after he saw me hyperventilating - casting - untangling, as lots and lots of bones went by (out by the airport). It was pretty sad. I think I pretty much demoralized him. Glad to see it wasn't permanent.

MikeM

mems
01-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi Mike, yeah Dave has learned to have lots of patience. Those fish are tough, it is like fishing the Henry's fork for rainbows, they all have a PhD in flyfishing.
Life has been good lately. Sunday I am headed back to Kona to fish bluewater. I went last week with some friends from the mainland and had a wide open ahi bite from 9;30 am to 1:30 p,m on ahi from 20-50lbs it was a blast. These guys had only caught steelhead and trout before so it was an eye opening experience. I will try and take some photos on sunday and post them for you guys. Wish me luck, Mems.