PDA

View Full Version : Oysters Rockefeller

mems
12-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Aloha, every Christmas eve we make oysters Rockefeller. I shuck the oysters and we make the rockefeller sauce, secret ingredient is aniseth. We broil them on rock salt and the just sip champagne and have a feast. Hope you all have a great holiday season, Mems.

adam
12-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Man, it would be a busy evening if M and I did oysters like that.

Chef
12-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Anise is no secret but an integral ingredient :bigthumb: . I use a Pernod foam in Kai on a retro dish.

Oysters Prepared Three Nostalgic Ways with a Twist
* Rockafeller – Flamed Iitoi Onions & Baby Root Spinach, Purslane, Mt. Pima Anise, Gruyere Cheese Fondue
* Angels on Horseback – Wild Boar Bacon, Pickled Onion Marmalade, Gila River Lemon
* Smoked – Three Sisters Relish, Mesquite Essence, Micro Tarragon

mems
12-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Chef, that sounds good. I grew up in New Orleans and the Brennans and Dickies were my neighbors. At brennans they would do oysters three ways, rockefeller, beinville and roumalade. The beinville was in bacon and cheese and the roumalade had a nice mustard on them with lemon. I still like the rockefeller recipe my grandmother passed down. I wish I could get some of those little japanese oysters here. I got some in Seattle and they were very plump and salty. Have a great holiday, Don.