PDA

View Full Version : Hello old friend ???

Alpinefly
10-30-2009, 10:51 PM
I really missed smallstreams.com !!! I would go to other sites, and see too much rudeness. On one, so much rudeness from one person and put downs, that it killed the site. My friend who owned it no longer put up the forum that once was a site for shareing great patterns and techniques . I thought about the old smallstreams; a place where everyone freely shared information and techniques . There were a couple of my friends recently that i invited to register on the new smallstreams . They had seen and were saddened by what I as well had seen on some of the other sites .
I promised them that smallstreams.com was different, and they would find a site with friendly people, with no put downs .
I know that life goes on, and many things change . It is my hope that one thing will remain in the new smallstreams.com
that I found and came to love in the old smallstreams; a place where everyone can come to share information and stories with each other, and be met with kindness. I can only hope, even when life goes on, and the only thing that is consistent in life is change !!!!! :|

adam
11-01-2009, 05:49 AM
At some point, the momentum of the site will carry itself in that direction with the guidance of it's membership.

That's what I have seen in the past.

But it's not hard for a site to "get broken" for any number of reasons.

I can assure you, Gus, Gerard, Chef and myself, we will do what we have done in the past.

I am pleased that smallstreams.com is alive and well and moving in the direction it once was.

Soon enough, I won't be chattering here so much and will just post my "pieces" here and there as I have family and the site, when it is healthy, runs itself. But if it gets a cold, I have strong antibiotics, if it needs surgery, I have a team of doctors that are very experienced at this sort of thing. I've been doing this for a while, Gus is the strongest person I have found that compliments the weakest portion of my knowledge, he alone has past the test on his own.

Gus is the man and is the mad scientist that keeps the site alive.

I'm glad that you are here Mr.Larson (John) and no worries, it lives.